Update on crazy velcro boy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantasia

Reaction score
Right - have tried practising with him. Now he's throwing a fit when I even go near his neck rug! So I have bought a small tape recorder, taped velcro noises a nd attached it to his neck rug and hit play. He started chucking his feet as per usual. But at least I wasn't there so he has to THINK about it, not just blame me.

Hopefully a bit of this helps get his brain into gear. He supposed to be going to a 13yr girl as a show gelding and Im having serious second thoughts about letting her have him

I have not read about this before on any of the threads I have looked at, but it sounds like your guy is upset with the velcro stripping sound? We had a yearling colt this spring that had a fit every time I pulled his neck sweat off. Rearing and pulling against me like the devil was after him! You should have seen him when I sneezed
default_biggrin.png
about pulled my arm out of socket!
default_yes.gif
Anyway, after pulling the velcro on his neck sweat for a couple of weeks, morning and night, he is as bombproof as they come with velcro and sneezes now. It just takes more time for some than others.

Back