Update on CAssidy and some more news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
She's all healed from her tonsilectomy and adnoidectomy. But now she's anemic, has had diareah(sp?) for 2-3 months, and the doctor doesn't know why. She's had blood tests and that's how they found out she was anemic. She is also having stool samples tested as to why she's always having diareah and stomach aches. Then she's also having an MRI as her left thigh is 2 times the size as her right one. They are stumped as to why. Her father had a tumor the size of 2 grapefruits in his arm 15 years ago, it was not cancerous, and his grand father used to grow non cancerous tumors. But this is my baby, she's my first born and I'm scared as heck as to why this is happening to her. Her MRI is this Saturday, so I hope we know soon as to what is going on with her. She's having trouble sleeping because of it, and that's very unusual for her. She normally can sleep with no problems, so I know she's scared. I just frosted her hair tonight to make her happier. It did for a little while. Please keep her in her thoughts and pray that it's not cancer. She's only 8 1/2 years old.

Christy

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif

It is so hard when they are so young and hurt or are sick.

I'm sure you must be beside yourself with worry. Try to stay strong and I will be thinking of you all on Sat.

There is nothing worse than having a sick little one. Christy I am so sorry this is happening to your baby girl. Althought I hate it that little Cassidy is being put through this, the possitive side of this is that with all these tests the doctors are surely going to get to the bottom of these problems. I know you are scared but try your best not to let her know that so she won't feel scared. Be as upbeat and as possitive as you can be around her so she will calm down and be able to sleep and get rest. Please keep us posted. Major hugs to you all.

Thanks everyone. I am trying to stay as upbeat as possible. I told her she needs to have this test to make sure nothing is serously wrong. We've had alot of life changing things happen to my whole family since she was 4 years old. That's when my dad got his leg cut off due to diabetes. We've had things get worse from there. I'll post on Saturday as to how it went, not sure if we'll have the results that day or not, bbut I;ll post as much as I find out.

Christy

Sending prayers and good thoughts for your daughter, I hope all will be well! Good luck!

Thanks. They were talking that it could be some type of fluid build up, but I just don't know. If it is a tumor, she won't be riding for the rest of the year. I need to come up with money for her last surgery ($250 co pay). I don't even know how I'll cover this. I've been trying to sell my 2 smallest minis, I've had 4 bites and just when I think they are coming to get them they all back out! Am I doing something wrong?

Christy

Cassidy went for her MRI today. They said they would let me know on Monday, I said that's fine. Well 3-4 hours later the on call Dr. for our Dr.'s office called. She has a fatty mass that need to be biopsied, then removed. I won't know if the are sending her to Bay State ( in Springfield, MA) or the Boston Children's (in Boston, MA). They will make that decision on Monday. So she won't be able to ride or show the rest of the season. She'll get in as much riding and showing as she can until she has this all done. I'm beside myself, I can't believe this is happening to us. She asked me today why everything has happened to her. I didn't know how to answer. She says, "Noah's fine, why can't I be." I hope for her sake it's just a fatty mass and nothing more. There is so much I want her to do and see. I really wanted to try and get her to meet some of you.

Christy

Well it's not just a fatty mass it also has a hard lump in it. She's going to Boston to the Dana Farber INstitute for Cancer to have the biopsy. It's a very ahrd proceedure becasue of all the muscles and vessels. I'll know by tomorrow afternoon when it is.

Christy

Thank you every one. We go on Thursday to Boston. We have to be there for 8:30 am, and that's for our first appointment, and then we have another appointment at 10:30 am.

Christy

we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. try to think positive
default_cheekkiss.gif

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Barbie

Please know you are all in my thoughts.......and I hope all goes well and the biopsy goes smoothly.....I am

sure this is quite a rough time....... hugs to you all.

Christy you have to hang in there. Remember what I told you about being upbeat and possitive no matter what. Give Cassidy a lot of possitive things to think about. I know its hard but don't fall apart. You can do this. Stay together. You are stronger than you think. You CAN do this.
default_aktion033.gif

Oh my gosh....another child with severe health issues. I hope and pray Cassidy will be OK! HUGS to you Christy....God knows you could use them. Hang in there Mom!
default_yes.gif

Christy, thanks for letting me know about Cassidy. Life is pretty loud right now and I would want to know. Have them check her B12 levels then check her for parasites. E Coli, giardia, even worms..folks can and do get them...pets, water, shopping carts....as for the mass...she'll do ok. Sending light Debs

btw I am experiencing the parasite thing currently and have learned the hard way by waiting a year to ask WHY so ask why ALOT! also put her on acidophilus...cheap capsules at Walmart to help her tummy try not to use the diarhea meds. I know it's awful hard not to but it is better out than in. Ginger ale, yogurt, limited dairy, toast, cheerios dry, dried apricots and dried cherries also are good.

Latest posts

Back