Update: Miss Moonpie ****4/24 Baby Is Here!!!****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks close. I wouldn't leave her. We just lost a colt because of not being there. Don't want anyone else to have to deal with that if possible. 5 min late is too late. Good luck and happy foaling
default_smile.png

Please give an update! We're always worried when things are this close, and we don't hear. Praying you've just been busy with your new baby!
default_pray.gif

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I have been suffering from the worst sinus infection. Moonpie hasn't foaled yet. Her bag is a bit larger and her rear is softened a lot bit no new signs that I can tell. Pics aren't great tonight my phone isn't great at pics in the dark. Will get better ones. Not sure what she is waiting on lol

IMG_20140408_200537.jpg

IMG_20140408_200502.jpg

IMG_20140408_200614.jpg

IMG_20140408_200721.jpg

She is waiting to elongate more, and get that baby rolled into position for birthing, if you ask me! LOL She's dropping, but baby needs to move 'forward-of-center' and get better lined up. Plus, she needs to soften and elongate so baby has a nice exit! She's moving ahead, and things can change very quickly, so keep a good eye on her. A few good rolls, and things can move ahead quickly!

I think we are getting closer. The pictures from tonight have her looking much thinner and her bag looks fuller. Her nipples look thicker as well and I could see a droplet formed at the end of one of them. We are supposed to have some major thunderstorms tonight so going to be a long one.

IMG_20140414_2047241.jpg

IMG_20140414_2047451.jpg

CAM008061.jpg

CAM008081.jpg

CAM008121.jpg

CAM008091.jpg

No baby yet. Caught her laying down a lot last night but still waiting. She is very moody today, wouldn't let me touch her at all. Threatened to bite

Changes in behavior is a sign we look for. Some get cuddly, some get feisty! Keep us posted!

Caught her laying down a lot last night. She kept bobbing her head up and down and looking at her side but stood up after about 30 min of this activity. Looking really thin. Bag is about the same and still looks like she needs to elongate more. Come on moonpie momma wants a good nights sleep lol

Sounds like she's 'slab-sided' which says that baby is "locked and loaded". Bag can fill at foaling, remember, so can you get a couple of pictures for us to see how she's doing? Sounds like she's moving ahead nicely. Can't wait to see an update!

Well ladies moonpie is still holding out. Observed her laying down a lot last night, and kept hoping this is it but she fooled me again. She does look a lot thinner now, I have photos from this evening. Her poo was looking a bit softer from this evening, so if anything I can say is more forward progress. Hope you all had a wonder Easter.

10169371_449427241827115_2482699154071748069_n.jpg

10253960_449427208493785_7949863971791555660_n.jpg

1237149_449427341827105_6200562402925811622_n.jpg

Looks like baby is moving forward of center, and getting into position -- especially if she's looking more slab-sided.

Keep good watch now. Things could happen quickly!

No pictures to update with today. I am not sure she is feeling well tonight. Instead of being more aggressive like she has been lately she wanted a lot of attention. She kept knickering at me when I tried to leave her stall. What makes me think she isn't feeling so great is she doesn't want to move around her too much. I think she was standing in the same corner of the stall most of the day. When I checked her about an hour ago she was laying down, and kept laying her head back and her breathing was really labored sounding. She just seems very exhausted to me. Still no baby and she didn't seem like she was in labor to me while she was laying down. She did eat most of her feed today so maybe its just me overthinking.

Stay close to her tonight, she could be feeling uncomfortable because her labor is starting, and she doesn't want you to leave her. But I'll let the more experienced Aunties answer this...what do you guys think?

Keep a very close eye on her. The foal maybe in an uncomfortable position & may need a roll or two so that its in the correct position or as Diane calls it "Lined Up". Have you noticed what her Manure is like at the moment ? Cow pats/Pies are a great indication that she's cleaning out her system for the "Big" arrival.

I wouldn't leave her at this stage, as other have said previously "it all happens very quickly"

Good luck , wishing you the safest of arrivals
default_yes.gif

Yes any change in behaviour, particularly to being extra clingy, can be a sure sign that foaling is close so dont leave her side!!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back