Update: Miss Moonpie ****4/24 Baby Is Here!!!****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's moving ahead really nicely! Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling!

Looks as though she's getting really close - have you got anyone who can help you do the night watches so that you can get the odd snooze and not get too tired?

Good luck - safe foaling!
I have my fiance doing checks in the early morning so I can get some sleep Anna but he said if anything happens he is coming and getting me right away, he isn't a horse person really. I actually fell asleep in the barn last night. He came out and got me at 5am this morning. I am hoping it is going to be soon. She is becoming more agitated. She has never bitten and last night just touching her side she nipped at me and touching her bag is almost off limits now or I get a kick.

Pictures for today. A lot of bag progress. Is it normal to swell forward of the nipples? Looks strange to me lol, maybe because I have never seen it. I don't know what is going on with the belly, she looks so lumpy to me and lower again. The weather has finally warmed up, looking at hitting 70 today but this warm weather is bringing in the storms as well.. T-storms and rain all night, not looking forward to trekking the football field distance between the house and barn, just might sleep out there on purpose tonight. Oh, threw in a fun photo, my 4 yr old wanted to pose with moonpie.

oh and my sister and I have bets going, she has a QH mare due right now and we are betting on who has a baby first. They both seem to be in line with each other on the signs. We are excited to see if the have them the same day, think it would be cool.

and thank you castlerock...I think my nerves will continue to be shot until this baby is safely on the ground.

CAM00660.jpg

CAM00661.jpg

CAM00659.jpg

CAM00658.jpg

CAM00662.jpg

From the pictures, I think baby still needs to line up a bit. No worries, though, a few good rolls and she'll get baby into position. Also, baby will appear to move a bit more forward -- what we call being "forward of center". Since she's growing a nice udder, I think she will probably do more filling -- you will see those nipples separate a bit more -- and she'll be ready to go. But at this stage, things can change very quickly, so we're happy you're with her at night. Many of us have spent our overnights in the barn with these mommas. Most do just fine, but it is sure a blessing to be there if you're needed.

I've had a few sneaky mares that I had to actually sleep in their stalls -- just to be sure I was there when they decided to deliver. Guess they thought they weren't going to get rid of me until they put that baby on the ground! LOL

Don't worry about the swelling in front of the nipples I would say about 1/2 of mine have done that and sometimes it seems to me like its milk that's ready to dump right into the bags and sometimes it all becomes one really huge bag lol.

Been a few days. How is Moonpie doing?
Well we are at a stand still right now. No more forward progress for the past few days. I will take some photos this morning for you all to view, maybe you will see changes I do not but from what I see she isn't moving forward. I think she is going to keep this baby in there forever. My mom is coming home for a few days on a work break, it would be nice if she has it while she is here. My mom has been driving my crazy calling everyday asking about her progress.

These are pictures from today, her vulva looks a little darker and there is a bulbous looking protrusion that I guess is tissue but not really sure. It was more obvious this morning than this evening but still visible. She looks the same to me still but maybe you all will see a difference.

CAM00700.jpg

CAM00701.jpg

CAM00702.jpg

CAM00704.jpg

CAM00705.jpg

CAM00706.jpg

She's looking good! Baby needs to be rolled into position a bit more -- so she's not quite as wide as she looks tonight. It looks like baby is riding heavy on the left side, which is also the side you're seeing the 'protrusion' on -- kind of looks like a blood vessel under pressure to me, but I'm not a vet. I wouldn't worry at this point, as baby is putting a lot of pressure on everything!

She's looking good and moving ahead nicely. A little more elongation, and a few good rolls to get baby in position, and move a bit forward of center, and she should be good to go! Keep watching her closely! Things can change quickly!

So good to see Moonpie! Looks like we are in the homestretch! Cant wait to see her wee one!

Well I was hopeful last night that something would happen, a lot of lip twitching and tail swishing but alas, still waiting. Moonpie was happy to see breakfast coming this morning, and enjoyed a few rolls out in the paddock as soon as she got in there. she has been in the stall for two days straight because it has been raining but the sunshine is back today and almost 70 outside. I have attached today's pictures. I am exhausted, between her and work and the 8 other horses on the property. Plus yesterday my sheep jumped through a barn window( through the glass) not sure why, but cut her leg and had to chase her down to doctor her leg.

Also this warm weather means tune ups are due. My mom is having me do a full 60 day session on her s

Saddlebred cross, (anyone else not like riding a saddlebred lol, I find them so uncomfortable). also going to get the new mini gelding zeus out and start working on cart training. Was told he pulled a cart before so hopefully just going to be a refresher. Then the two 2 year old colts need to have more ground work. Come on moonpie have your baby so that's one less thing I have to worry about.

CAM00707.jpg

CAM00708.jpg

CAM00709.jpg

CAM00710.jpg

I Cant help but Laugh as I totally understand what you are going thru as I am in the same boat.

Come on Moonpie , if you have your baby it may start the rest of the mares, to begin foaling.

Good Luck Hope all goes Perfectly
default_thumbup.gif

Moonpie is diong well today, still enjoying the warming weather. Still enjoying being pregnant lol.. I think she is holding it in to annoy me. Good news for my sister, her QH mare foaled yesterday, she got a beautiful little april fools colt. Looks to be a bay but she says he has gray around his eyes so maybe will roan out. Added a picture of him. Hopefully moonpie will follow suit now.

jamiebaby.jpg

What a super looking colt - your sister must be thrilled. Please send our congratulations.
default_thumbup.gif

Got moonpie out this evening for some pampering. Brushed her and braided her tail.(looks terrible, not much of a braider) Maybe some promising progrss. I thought she had dropped already but she is definately looking very v-shaped. What are your thoughts? Her bag is a little more full than earlier and her vulva looks more elongated(and some soft stools, can see evidence of that on er behind). I don't know, starting to think I see stuff because of my eagerness.

CAM007171.jpg

CAM007161.jpg

CAM007191.jpg

CAM007201.jpg

CAM007221.jpg

VERY handsome colt.

She's definitely 'within range'. She'll need a few good rolls to get that baby lined up, but don't leave her alone now. She is surely dropped and "V'd" and looks elongated enough say she'll foal soon for you. Make a nice straw/hay bed and watch. It won't be long now!

Pretty girl!

I agree with the others - baby is on it's way!! Dont leave her side!!

Looking forward to hearing an announcement.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back