UPDATE****Kansas Minis****UPDATE 10/2207

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... perhaps those who insist those photos were photoshopped - could offer an explanation as to why anyone would bother doing such a thing? There is none. None that makes any sense whatsoever, anyway. No monetary gain. Nothing. And then of course, follow-up photos would also have to be photoshopped... and then more photos after that... and that accusation just gets more and more ludicrous.

I wish this situation could be seen as a hoarding case and all but 2 or 3 of the minis be seized and removed..... then Mr. T. would have a few minis he could actually enjoy - without the worries of an ever growing herd that needs to be fed, watered, doctored etc.

:no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... perhaps those who insist those photos were photoshopped - could offer an explanation as to why anyone would bother doing such a thing? There is none. None that makes any sense whatsoever, anyway. No monetary gain. Nothing. And then of course, follow-up photos would also have to be photoshopped... and then more photos after that... and that accusation just gets more and more ludicrous.

:no:
I so agree, after helping with those mustangs it is heartbreaking to care for these animals why would you just make it all up and put yourself through this heartache?

ALL YOU INVOLVED IN HELPING ARE TRUE ANGELS IN MY EYES! GOD BLESS, Kathy

God Bless you Ginny and CMHR for all you have done. Please just ignore the ignorance of some people and keep doing what you do. You are truly and Angel.

I just finished looking at pictures of those we bought on the 12th. None of them were a pretty sight. The only one in any kind of decent body condition is the blind one and he isn't good. There's one who is about 20 years old who is emaciated, as most of them are.

:no: I to just looked at those photos sent to me too and I started bawling again. How could ANYONE knowingly allow this kind of suffering to these minis. I am fuming all over again. John tells me to think about the ones saved for now and to focus-focuss-fo-cuss! (that is my new french word) :nono: I have to go HUG the horses now...
default_wub.png
: P.s.- I do believe that what goes around -comes around . :new_let_it_all_out:

:no: I to just looked at those photos sent to me too and I started bawling again. How could ANYONE knowingly allow this kind of suffering to these minis. I am fuming all over again. John tells me to think about the ones saved for now and to focus-focuss-fo-cuss! (that is my new french word) :nono: I have to go HUG the horses now...
default_wub.png
: P.s.- I do believe that what goes around -comes around. :new_let_it_all_out:

Well As I sit and type this I am getting my 6 year old ready to go to Kindergarten. I was scrolling through this post and stopped to look at the pictures of the Rescues. Olivia who I thought was eating breakfast said Dad what the heck happened to those poor horses?????????? They sure look sad!!! I explained to her what was going on. To quote a very smart 6 year old " Dad tell Ginny Sticks and stones may break our bones BUT WORDS will never hurt US". She also said a little prayer " God please make sure those little horses get better and have something good for BREAKFAST"!!!!!!!!!! I just gave her a big hug and kiss
default_cheekkiss.gif
: and told her I LOVE HER VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: EVERYONE WHO IS INVOLVED PLEASE LETS TAKE A 6 YEAR OLDS VERY WISE ADVICE AND PULL TOGETHER AND CONTINUE OUR MISSION TO HELP ANY LITTLE HORSES IN NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a little family in Northern, IL who is VERY PROUD to be part of CMHR and will continue to support and foster as long as we are needed.....GOD BLESS. GINNY I hope Olivias message brings you a little peace and a smile on your face today...............LEE, AURIE, OLIVIA :538: , LUKE :538: , NIK :517: , our 9 minis, a big Percheron mare, and the 3 mini mares we are currently FOSTERING FOR CMHR!!!!!!!

PS Can you tell our barn is FULL.......................

I'm so sorry that you had to be bombarded buy all this negativity, when you were just trying to help. Hang in there, the animals all appreciate your help. And so do most of us.

I'm entirely with Lisa--if anyone chooses to dislike me or boycott me because of my opinion on this case, that's perfectly okay. If you're a person who thinks there's nothing wrong with the horses in those photos just posted, I would never want you to have a horse of mine. If you think it's okay for an old or sick horse to look like that, I don't want anything to do with you. If a horse is so old or so sick that it cannot be in decent shape with extra care, special feed & a lot of TLC then it is time to let that horse go--help it to a peaceful end. Don't let it waste away and die.
Very well said!!

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: for Ginny, CMHR, and SWER for all of their hard work.

I have 2 minis that both looked like these horses and are on the road to recovery. It's amazing what good feed, vet care and hoof care will do for an animal. These are basics - if you can't afford it, you shouldn't have them. Whether you have "pet" quality or show quality.

I would like to suggest, in order to stop this bashing going on in various locations, is to make a follow-up video of the ones that have been removed and are now safe, thank God, and show just what this entire rescue operation was all about.and post it on you tube as well. That should silence the "critics" as I said who don't have the guts to come back on here like they did on this forum and the Chance forum...
I had already planned on doing that, but I am still waiting on a few more pictures to be sent to me. And I would also LOVE to make a follow up video in about 6 months of our rescues and how they have changed.
default_yes.gif
:

Shannon, sending you a pm.

Sent you an email instead :bgrin

I would like to suggest, in order to stop this bashing going on in various locations, is to make a follow-up video of the ones that have been removed and are now safe, thank God, and show just what this entire rescue operation was all about.and post it on you tube as well. That should silence the "critics" as I said who don't have the guts to come back on here like they did on this forum and the Chance forum...
That is an excellent idea! How quickly can you doctor it? (Just kidding.) Seriously, it's a great idea.

Ginny and the others angels this is something i have had on my wall by my desk for 5 years it was said to be a quote from Mother Theresa but not sure.

Part of it says

If you do good people will accuse you of selfish,ulterior motives.

DO GOOD ANYWAYS!

The biggest man with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest man with the smallest mind.

THINK BIG ANYWAYS

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs,

FIGHT FOR THE UNDERDOG ANYWAY.

Honesty and frankness can make you vulnerable.

BE HONEST AND FRANK ANYWAY.

Give the world the best you have and you"ll get kicked in the teeth!

GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU HAVE ANYWAY

WHAT YOU SPENT YEARS BUILDING MAY BE DESTROYED OVERNIGHT

BUILD ANYWAY!

This happened to a club I started and all it took was the greed of one man (how can I get them out so I can change things so my horses will win).

As John Wayne said in his telegram to Barbra Walters when she was being hammered, DON'T LET THE BAS#$%@ GET YOU DOWN....

YOU ALL DID MORE THAN A HUMAN BEING SHOULD HAVE TO SEE AND DO AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL LESS THAN TRUE CHAMPIONS OF ANIMALS!

YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO EVEN KNOW YOU A TINY BIT.

AND THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

default_wub.png
: Bonnie

Ginny, I want to personally thank you for your post. I appreciate the full and further information-but want to reiterate that I have now, and have always had, FULL FAITH and TRUST in your, and the rest of CMHR's,( as well as the other dedicated and genuine rescuers and fosters who stepped up to help), actions and reports! It is almost unfathomable to me that there are those who could doubt the bottom line of what was happening at the Trembly farm...Lisa Strass(whom I remember from many years ago!)said it very well, to the 'enablers', so I won't repeat it, in the STRONGER, and probably, not-so-'nice' terms I would be inclined to use.

The latest photos made me even more ill, but did NOT surprise me, sadly.

Just a couple more comments-- :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: to Lisa(Ruff N Tuff) and Minimor, especially, who I agree with 1000%! I do NOT have sympathy for the perpetrator; my sympathy is reserved for the GENUINE victims.

There is much more I would like to say, but probably better not. All I will add is that all of this IS ABOUT the little horses, who have NO VOICE AND NO CHOICE. Any and all who confine ANY animal must--MUST!--realize that it is then wholly their responsibility to PROPERLY provide for that animal--and not 'sorta, kinda'. When you can't, for whatever reason, let the animal go to someone who can, and will, properly provide for it. This is NOT a case of different routes to the same goal; it is clearly a case of just NOT DOING IT, and those who would be 'apologists' for that kind of behavior should be deeply ashamed, in my view.

Margo

I was going to post the pictures of my 2 new guys that I just got this morning. Unfortunately I can't so I'll just provide the link to the pictures of the ones still at Sharon's house.

Mine are "Wrapped Halter" and "Escape Artist". Now.....while you're looking at these pictures....I want you all to keep in mind that (according to some people) we were "buying the best". :no:

http://dianerogersphoto.com/gallery-minihorses.htm

This is the email I got from Sharon when she identified "mine" for me.

Could you write a post to lil beginnings saying thank you to Ginny, Shannon, you and all that helped? Also let them know how hurtful the bad postings on you tube are to those that are getting up in the middle of the night trying to help these poor angels. Can they be given the link? Yours are escape artist that we now call walter. We pulled his bad front tooth. and Wrap halter who likes to lean on people. He was the skinniest and he is doing great. He is young - probably 5. Hope that helps
The underscoring is mine.

One more thing......do any of you who live anywhere near the Mo/Ks state line know of anyone who might be willing to transport these 2 little guys for me??? I'm not looking for a freebee or anything like that, just want to get them moved as soon as possible. We thought we had it all worked out, but it looks like it's been delayed longer than either Sharon or I want.

Appylover2-Those pictures OMG-and they say those are the best. That just made me cry all over again-Poor escape artist, and Wrapped halter, and Skinny! Escape Artist really spoke to me though! Please keep us posted on how they are doing. I bet you are anxious to get them home and start loving on them!! I wish I was in the area to transport them for you!

I posted on youtube. There were 2 people that posted negatively. We have to realize that some of these types of people think that we over care for our horses that they are just property and all the trimmimg, brushing, vetting and anything other than the most minimal care is just overdone.

As a rescue we come accross this attitude in SC quite often. And the law as well as the negleting owners feel that we are just over stepping our bounds to even talk to them to offer help.

That same attitude is expressed about cheap or free horses. We just have to keep doing what we do. After all who cares what they think. If they were good caring horse owners they wouldn't be hearing from us.

Thank you for saving the lives of these horses and getting them out of the heck and misery they called their pasture for too long and putting their remaining days in the hands of loving caring people.

I have followed this from the beginning, wrote my letters, and was waiting for the month to run out. To be honest with you, my gut reaction is that I don't care how those horses get out of there as long as they do. I, like many others, feel helpless, and the new photos brought me to tears again. I can't thank the many volunteers enough for easing the pain of those horses--and honestly, for easing my own conscience, as the thought of those poor horses weighs on me every time I go out to feed my own. Maybe for some it is easier to deny the severity of this situation than to endure the feelings of helpless outrage? Thank you to everyone that has put themself out their--donating their time, money, and physical, mental, and emotional resources. I certainly don't expect an itemized summary on top of it. God bless you!

DITTOS Bonnie. :aktion033: You said it ALL!

I especially liked what you quoted John Wayne with to Baaba.

My gosh. This whole thing is just so wrong. No one deserves to be insulted because they were helping with this case. Nope, those photos are not doctored and the rescues certainly don't want to be overrun with horses that need as much help as the ones in the pictures need. It is so easy to tell when pictures are modified, and these pictures certainly don't look modified.

Lisa is right. Those that are in favor of enabling these types of situations to continue don't need one of my horses either. Donating to the rescues at least will help those that have already been aquired by those rescues. And like Lisa, The conditions of the horses in those pictures makes me ill and outraged.

My hats off to those that have been on the front line.

Keep the faith everyone.

Latest posts

Back