Update From Kinder & Duncan

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueEyedPony

Reaction score
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted last! I guess time just sort of got away from me between work and finishing up at school! Seems like I barely have time to go give the boys a pat on the head these days.

This spring I was able to move Kinder and Duncan to a gorgeous new barn, where they are very spoiled. Kinder is a social butterfly these days, and just LOVES all the kids who come to see him! Here's a picture of Kinder with the barn owner's daughter, who has fallen completely in love with him. He's standing really weird, but I thought it was really cute.
biggrin.gif

Kinder.jpg

A really exciting piece of news is that Duncan is officially DRIVING!! Unfortunately I don't have any really good pictures of this, but I'm hoping to get some soon. He's made such tremendous progress after being so wild when I got him last year that sometimes I can't believe he's the same horse! The best part is that he absolutely LOVES to drive, and has gone for up to an hour without even breaking a sweat or breathing hard! Can't wait for the CDE's with this boy!

Just to keep things interesting, I have added another horse to the family this spring.
aktion033.gif
Sarah ("Que Cerra") is a 4y/o unregistered QH mare who is absolutely the sweetest horse I have come across in a long time. I definitely wasn't in the market for a full sized horse, but I just couldn't pass this girl up with a price tag of $800! I'm hoping she'll be a "Jill of all Trades," learning to trail ride, do dressage, jump, team pen, and fox hunt. Here's a picture of me with Sarah (please excuse the feet, they were atrocious when I got her due to neglect, but have since been trimmed and are looking much better).

Sarah2.jpg

This last picture was one I couldn't help but share...I go from the littlest ones to the biggest, it seems! This is my "side project," Valentine. He is a 17.3 hand Clydesdale gelding who belongs to the barn owner, and who is used primarily for driving. But what a blast to ride!

Nikandval.jpg

saludando.gif

Nikki

Hi Nik! So wonderful to hear from you. My wild haired guy looks happy and I'm ever grateful he's yours. Sara is just lovely and riding a draft is a blast. So super that Duncan loves to drive, can't wait to see him too. You are a super mini/horse mom. Email me when you take a breath. Kiss the boy!

Latest posts

Back