Upcoming Mid-Atlantic Shows (late June / mid-to-late July)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
I'm currently have plans to attend the Friday showings at the Old Dominion Club's Summer Sizzling show the weekend of July 19/20/21st. I also understand that there's a big show in Delaware the weekend before the 4th. I was curious who from the boards might be attending because I'd love to meet you! I would be coming as a spectator only so I'd have the freedom to roam around.

I won't be at the VA show but will be at the July show in DE.I will be there near the show office in the arena.I am president of the host club Delmarva Miniature Horse Club and I will not be showing, but several of the horses that I bred and raised here on my farm will be showing by the folks who now own them.Hoping for good weather-we usually have a nice crowd.Super nice facility.Many folks usually come from VA,NC,MD, NY,PA,NJ DE.Lots of nice Shetlands and Minis.I will be looking for you.Just ask for Bev and introduce yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be at the show but my horses will be at Old Dominion with their trainer and I'm sure they'd love a visitor.

I won't be at the VA show but will be at the July show in DE.I will be there near the show office in the arena.I am president of the host club Delmarva Miniature Horse Club and I will not be showing, but several of the horses that I bred and raised here on my farm will be showing by the folks who now own them.Hoping for good weather-we usually have a nice crowd.Super nice facility.Many folks usually come from VA,NC,MD, NY,PA,NJ DE.Lots of nice Shetlands and Minis.I will be looking for you.Just ask for Bev and introduce yourself.
Bevann: I must have the wrong dates in my head about the DE show. What are the correct dates? I'd love to meet you! And is it held at the fairgrounds?

I won't be at the show but my horses will be at Old Dominion with their trainer and I'm sure they'd love a visitor.
I'll try to find them then!

The other show I was trying to remember was NOT the Delaware show (though I want to go to that now too!) but one in West Virginia the last weekend in June: http://wvminiaturehorsechampionship.weebly.com/

Just looked this up and it would be a 5+ hour drive for me so that's a bit too far for a day trip to just visit.

Hey Bevann: Your club's website is down. Something about the domain expired?

Area One show is starts Fri July 5(mostly shetland classes that day)Sat&Sun July 6&7 Hope to see you there.

My daughter and I were planning on attending the old dominion show, but now I can't go. Maybe if it's not too hot I'll drive over to watch, it is only about 2 hours away for me.

Joy, we will be there. We should be arriving on Friday and departing late Sunday. This will be our second show. We had a nice beginning to our show season last weekend and can't wait for this one. I think you will have easy time finding us. Or I should say, you can't miss us LOL

Well, if I hadn't been excited about going to the Area One show before, now I'm definitely going to make my way there!! Can't wait to see CMC again!

Joy, do you mean the Area One show or the one in Virginia. We are going to the one in Virginia. Looking forward to seeing you again!!!

Well, dagnabit! I guess I *am* going to the VA show. You're not doing the Area One? Or both? LOL! Who are you showing there? How is Bessie?

Joy, we can't do both shows so we chose the one in Virginia as we would like to qualify for the World Show. We are taking 3 mares. Bessie is doing great. She has some beautiful half siblings that we are keeping.

Here are the girls we are showing:

Amore Lalita - senior mare (chestnut)

CMC RG Not A Spot Forgotten - 2 year old mare (appy)

CMC Scout's Silver Minx - yearling filly (buckskin)

Lalita7.jpg

Malory-024.jpg

Silver23.jpg

Is Scout's Silver Minx Buttercup? Can't wait to see them all again...and you too!

Old Dominion is just down the road from me, I think. Still learning this area of VA.

Days, times, what gate?

Would be nice to finally meet other Miniature horse owners in the area.

Shari: the Old Dominion show is being held July 19th-21st in Herdon, VA. (http://www.odmhc.com/). I plan to be down there on the 19th. My club is also having one of their shows on the 21st so I can't stay past Friday (gotta prep on Saturday/show on Sunday).

I'll message you my cell phone number and if you can make it down there that day, we should meet!

I think I'm going to go on Saturday just to help out. Its about 45 minutes away from where I am now--depending on DC traffic of course
default_closedeyes.gif
Can't wait to meet new people and some gorgeous minis !

Latest posts

Back