Up to my ears in rescues! CMHR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Hey guys, Shannon and I have been burning the midnite oil now for weeks with our lists of rescues coming out our ears. We have our new spread sheet ready with all our updates available. If anyone is thinking of adoption take a look at our list of available horses. Mona our CMHR webmaster has been gracious enough to work on getting some new pictures up for us on the website too. Big thanks to Mona. I am still waiting more of our foster homers to get some time to take new pics for us also. If you see anything that might interest you, shoot me an email and I'll send you a pic! Adoption fees are $200. and if you adopt 2 horses, the second one is $150. Many thanks.

Below is a brief description of CMHR horses that are presently in foster homes who are ready for adoption. We will be happy to give you any further information that we can on any of our horses and their backgrounds if we know it. The city and state of their whereabouts is listed for you to submit to the transport company of your choice for a shipping quote. Do not hesitate to contact us! Our horses need kind, loving homes and we are here to help place them in yours. Thank You!

Ben is 33-34” palomino gelding. He is about 15 years young and very gentle and kind. Once he is haltered he settles down nicely. Ben needs a soft spoken low keyed home because he does get tense around loud people. Located in Durant, Oklahoma.

Sparky is red roan gelding in the 33-34” range. He is hard to handle at times and he’s pushy, and he has not been socialized much to humans. He is being worked with in his foster home on all the basics. Located in Durant, Oklahoma.

NOTE: Ben and Sparky are from the same location. We think (but cannot confirm) that Ben and Sparky have been part of a 6 hitch driving team for many years. They are constant companions and stick together like glue 24-7. They are always on the same side of each other. They walk, turn, and move in perfect unison and are amazing to watch doing this on their own in the field. It would be wonderful if they could stay together and get their old job back. Any team drivers out there? We would be happy to adopt them out together.

Patty is a 40" red dun pony, with a dorsal stripe and shoulder barring. She is built long and rangy. Her coggins paper says she is 3 years old but we have reason to believe she is older and she may also be pregnant. (We will update on this as soon as we know). Patty is easy to catch, craves attention, and loves a stall. She enjoys grooming but will kick when her back legs are touched. Her foster homer is working with her daily to overcome that. Located in Shawnee, Oklahoma. ADOPTION PENDING

Little Dun is not a dun, but she may be a silver buckskin or a dunskin. She is in the 34-35” range. We think she is a 3 year old and will update when we learn her exact age. She is shy and gaining confidence daily in her foster home. Located in Durant,Oklahoma.

Tina is an outstanding beautiful black Shetland pony who is highly intelligent and wants very much to please. She is about 42”, up-headed and proud; high strung and skiddish and has been nippy. Someone has been very hard handed with her and she is scared. She does not like loud noises and has issues with her back feet being handled. She is learning some basic manners and how to trust people in her foster home. Definitely a woman’s pony. The sky is the limit with her beauty and natural talent. Video available on request. Located in Cyril, Oklahoma.

Jasmine is a beautiful dapple grey mare, between the ages of 6-8. She is quiet and sweet and very trusting. She is a little nippy but that is being worked out of her at her foster home. She is about 34-35.” Video available on request. Located in Cyril, Oklahoma.

Feather Duster is a black gelding about 15 years old and 32”. What a darling little guy Dusty is. This tiny boy is quite the giant of a character and is somewhat spooky due to blindness in one eye. Dusty needs someone who will be fully attentive when leading him and working with him whom he can learn to build a solid trusting relationship with. Located in Brookston,Texas.

Cody is registered with AMHR. He is a flashy bay gelding with 4 white stockings. He is approximately 33 ½” and 2 years old. He is a complete love bug and very gentle. His foster homers are about to start him in basic driving training getting him used to the harness. Lots of potential with this boy. Cody is looking for his forever home with kids. Located in Kinmundy, Illinois.

Molly is a beautiful bay mare, who is a complete love and stands approximately 35-36” and about 15 years old. She has foundered in the past but is well stabilized and walks with a little bit of a gimp. She is very friendly and loves children. Molly does nothing wrong and we don’t understand why no one has adopted this pretty girl yet! She has been in foster care way too long and really needs to find her forever home. She would make a great companion to anyone or another horse. Located in Kilnmundy, Illinois.

Hilda is an attractive tri color bay 40” pony. She is 15 years old and built like the old style Quarter Horse. She is as sweet as she can be and would perfect for a child. Hilda’s foster homer says she cannot say enough good things about her. She has foundered in the past but is stabilized well and displays an occasional limp. Located in Armada, Michigan.

Dixie is a 40” black roan minimal pinto pony who is 12 years old. She can be a dominant mare with others but is not nasty about it, just a little pushy from time to time. She is a little difficult to halter but once its on she leads well and has nice basic manners. Dixie has foundered in the past well stabilized and displays no limp at all. Located in Armada, Michigan.

Diamond is 35 years young and our very dear senior citizen. She is 37”, black with 1 stocking and 3 socks and a snip on her nose. She has cataracts and no teeth so she cannot eat hay; she eats a special combination of mush 4 times a day. She will probably remain with her present foster home to live out her remaining days, but we are still open to review your application for her if you are in a warmer climate. Located in Armada, Michigan.

Snip is a fancy sorrel 4 year old gelding. He is in the 34-35” range. He needs some basic handling and training and lots of love and patience. He has not been socialized and just doesn’t know anything. He will make someone a very nice horse given the chance to prove it. Located in Weimer,Texas.

Soldier is a sorrel gelding and cute as he can be. He is 4 years old and in the 34-35” range. He lacks basic handling and training but is willing to learn and is very sweet. Located in Weimer, Texas.

NOTE: Snip and Soldier are from the same location and could be half brothers. They could be adopted out together to become a wonderful matched driving team for you!

Bandit is a pretty bay gelding. He is 6 years old and is lacking basic training. He has a nice personality and is friendly. He does not like to be haltered due to a halter scar that was inflicted on him which is understandable. Bandit has been in foster care for many months and is searching for his new family. Please consider Bandit for your new buddy. An experienced home would be best for him. Located in Dodge Center, Minnesota.

Aurora is a beautiful black 10 month old filly who will mature as a B size. Just look at this young lady! She is learning basic training in her foster home, loves attention, and she may be eligible to be registered in AMHR. This is the type of horse the judges are looking for in the show ring or who would be just as happy to decorate your yard with her outstanding beauty! Located in Hixton, Wisconsin

Billy Bob is a fancy black and white pinto gelding. He is about 6 years old and as bombproof as they come. No tricks to this boy and nothing rocks his world. He is approximately 33 ½ “. He has had a time with laminitis from being obese that is settled and under control. He’s perfect for anyone! A family full of kids would suit Billy Bob just fine and he also likes to hang out with dogs! Located in North Liberty, Indiana.

Crystal is a solid black 10 year old mare who has the best personality ever. She is 37+” tall and is actively foundering and also suffers from a skin condition. She has been trained to drive and participated in parades and loves children. She is AMHR registered. We are willing to guide an adoptive home to try and get her founder stabilized and skin condition under control. She does walk stiff and needs someone with time on their hands to work with her medical issues. Located in Millersburg, Iowa.

Candy is an attractive silver dapple mare with a crooked white stripe on her face. She is 6 years old and is 32 ½”. Candy is a shy mare and needs someone who is patient. She is registered with AMHR and has been shown by a child. She has a thyroid condition and requires ½ scoop Thyroid L medicine daily in her feed. Located in Millersburg, Iowa.

Marty, how difficult is it to get transportaton to get one of these guys to my house if I was to adopt? I rely on borrowed trailers when absolutely necessary and they have been kind of hard to come by as one of my friends have moved. I live in NE and have not ever gone across state lines with a horse.

Here are pics of Aurora. I took these yesterday out in the pasture. Sorry, she wasn't groomed to look pretty before snapping these! And my farrier is due out next week, so her hooves look a little long in the pics.

Aurora is a sweetheart!
default_wub.png
It's hard to get pics of her, because she always wants to be by you! She would really love to find a home with someone to love her, and give her lots of attention! She loves to be around people, loves being brushed, and loves to be scratched!

Pictures262.jpg

Pictures265.jpg

Bandit is a pretty bay gelding. He is 6 years old and is lacking basic training. He has a nice personality and is friendly. He does not like to be haltered due to a halter scar that was inflicted on him which is understandable. Bandit has been in foster care for many months and is searching for his new family. Please consider Bandit for your new buddy. An experienced home would be best for him. Located in Dodge Center, Minnesota.

Marty what is Bandit - pony or mini? How big?

Thanks!

Hey there,

I would be very interested in adopting Aurora and Cody or Ben and Sparky. Is there any way to work out transportation? Pictures
default_biggrin.png
???????

Thank you,

Carrie

Usually guys you call a shipper of your choice like any other horse you are purchasing out of state. Hauled Wright is very good to us as is Sharway if you tell them its a CMHR rescue they will try to cut you some slack. Or you just haul yourselves or put an ad on the transport board. We have a coggins and health paper provided for you and vaccinations in order so no problem there.

Muff, I have just asked for Bandit to be remeasured and a new pic as soon as the foster homer has some spare time. He is a mini, a bay and an old pic of him is on the cmhr website. Same thing with Ben and Sparky.

Here's new pic of Cody. He is R regsitered

ACody.jpg

and here is our Molly who needs a forever home

Mollywebsite.jpg

Marty

What a wonderful post on all of CMHR's "KIDS". These guys are all waiting for a forever home with someone who will love and care for them. You will find with time and love these horses will give you such pleasure. Please consider taking one of these great little horses into your barn.

Last edited by a moderator:
God Marty you sure know how to tempt a girl don't you?
default_biggrin.png
Oh that I could but can't..hey you all out there contemplating buying, how about taking a rescue instead? They have SO much love to give.

Bless you Marty and all at CMHR for what you're doing for these guys and gals..I'm getting ready for neurosurgery #3 or I'd love to join in the fight and help..maybe later eh?

Maxine

Latest posts

Back