Unbelievable

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
This is not going to sound possible, but I assure you, it is. My husband passed away on the 4th. On the 9th I went to the post office and on the way home I was involved in a horrible 4 car accident and my car was totaled. I've been to the ER, two days later my regular doctor who discovered my heart has (and I apologize for the spelling) arrethmia. He said my heart is now "dropping" a beat. So I have to deal with the whole losing my husband thing, now figuring out what I'm going to do for a car (mine was hit from the front AND the back and I was completely stopped), I have severe chest pains and I could possibly have a heart attack or a stroke. Honestly, what is left? There are several different insurance companies involved. None are moving with anything remotely akin to speed. No one is admitting fault. No one is volunteering to pay my medical bills or get me a rental (not that I could drive at this point). And I"m not even going to say how much it hurts when I sneeze. (Did that this morning). So I'm laying here on the sofa, trying to keep hydrated and get some food in me.

I think I have attached a picture of what is left of the front end of my car.

Attachments

• thumbnail[1].jpg
    thumbnail[1].jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 4
I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.
Do you have insurance on your car so that it can be replaced? If so, your insurance will likely go after the other drivers' insurance companies to cover the costs. Does your doctor believe the accident caused your heart arrhythmia? What has he done for treatment so far?

The heart issue can be handled. My Dad had it for years. They did put him on cumadin and he adjusted fine. Your insurance should be going after the person that is responsible for the accident. I hope you have a friend or family that can help you with insurance and such.
I send you prayers or good wishes whichever works for you,

Also, condolences on the loss of your husband.

We are strangers, you and I, but my heart is so sad for you. I lost my mother. so I understand the kind of grief you must be feeling. To be in pain from an accident as well, so overwhelming! I will pray for relief for you. Know when you are alone and sad, that you aren't really alone. Know that a stranger is remembering you to the Lord who keeps us all. May he favor you in your time of sorrow. Feel better! Also, the heart issue can be managed with either medicine or a pacemaker in severe cases. If you didn't notice it on your own chances are it's mild. Cars are replaceable you aren't. You are hurt, and shaken up. You are probably still in shock. The accident will get sorted. This is so hard right now, but you will be okay. I am not trying to make light of your hardship. I just have faith that you will be okay. I have faith in you!

Dixie Belle,
Very sorry for the loss of your husband and to hear that on top of that you had to experience the accident and all the things you are going through physically. Praying for physical healing, insurances to be resolved and comfort during your time of grief for you. I am glad to hear you are staying hydrated and making yourself eat to keep your strength up and I am also praying you will have all the help you need to get through this very rough time. {{{hug}}}

So sorry for the loss of your husband.
Speedy recovery from your accident.

Latest posts

Back