Ulcers, colics...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope haven't used either of those. I don't think either has any kind of clay in it, but I maybe wrong.

I would get the kaolin over the bentonite it mixes easier. I haven't used the bentonite enough to be able to tell you if it works better or not. If you get the kaolin they have a 20.00 repacking fee plus shipping. So it might be cheaper for you to get the kaolin at Tractor Supply Co. its a pink liquid, if they are eating just mix a little to start in their feed until they get used to it and then go to the full dose.

Another thing is take him off of grain SLOWLY (over 2 or 3 week period) and just feed alfalfa pellets and grass hay, it seems to be working with my mini mare she was the only one with a bloated belly.

I didn't address your downsides of kaolin. NONE absolutely NONE and one of my horses was on it twice a day for over 8 months.

I'm keeping your little one in my thoughts and prayers, keep me posted.

Whit

Nope haven't used either of those. I don't think either has any kind of clay in it, but I maybe wrong.

I would get the kaolin over the bentonite it mixes easier. I haven't used the bentonite enough to be able to tell you if it works better or not. If you get the kaolin they have a 20.00 repacking fee plus shipping. So it might be cheaper for you to get the kaolin at Tractor Supply Co. its a pink liquid, if they are eating just mix a little to start in their feed until they get used to it and then go to the full dose.

Another thing is take him off of grain SLOWLY (over 2 or 3 week period) and just feed alfalfa pellets and grass hay, it seems to be working with my mini mare she was the only one with a bloated belly.

I didn't address your downsides of kaolin. NONE absolutely NONE and one of my horses was on it twice a day for over 8 months.

I'm keeping your little one in my thoughts and prayers, keep me posted.

Whit
Thanks alot, I will!

Latest posts

Back