UH OH!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
Geesh - bad idea? I was/ am looking for a buddy mini for my mini gelding and went to his farm that has it all (Llamas, goats, sheep, minis, donkeys and mini donkeys) And he had 2 little jack's and I thinking about him. They are the sweetest animals! I never knew that they were so snuggly - their price is good as were his "pet" mini horse prices - now I just don't know what to do.

Help me out here!

Will one Jack and one mini be good pals? or Should I get another horse??

Last edited by a moderator:
Gelded he should be fine, but it does not always work out. Altho' lots of people on this forum have really good things going with their minis and Donks, I had to buy another Donk to keep mine company!! They do NOT speak the same language so a lot would depend on them learning. Kept together from young they should be OK. Donkeys are a lot like Minis, though, you rarely do stop at one!!

I would definitely buy that little jack, geld him and have him as my "pet"! I know of several that I have found donkeys for, that only keep one in with there minis, and things are working out very well...even tho they do like to have a companion of there own type, but we all know that you cant just have one of these little longears, they are too irresistible for that, so who knows...down the road he may just have another companion of his type in your pasture!! I only had one donkey for the first 3 years, now she has "friends" of her type, and she was in with my minis, no problems at all. Corinne

Latest posts

Back