Udder & milk testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristin

Reaction score
My little little Trixie's udder has been developed for about 5 weeks now. Yesterday I tested the PH in her milk and it was about 7.5, I wanted to test again tonight, but cant get a drop out.... Is this normal?

Yay! She's getting closer!!!!
I'm pretty sure Holly had that happen with Sally when she was getting closer then they got some again and it tested lower.

I'm pretty sure Holly had that happen with Sally when she was getting closer then they got some again and it tested lower.
I sure hope so! I think I am more anxious for her to foal than I was for my daughters to be born...lol

Yep, it was ALWAYS hard to get milk out of her. When the PH started to lower, it went down about a tenth per day. It stayed at 6.0 for two days before Sterling was born.

We tested our neighbor's mare who supposedly wasn't due til June/July. It was 7.4. Two weeks later, my neighbor went on a trip, and the baby was born while he was gone! These test strips seem pretty accurate.

What do you all think? I'm thinking she is teetering between 7.2 and 6.8, maybe more towards 6.8.

Attachments

• 20200605_200510.jpg
    20200605_200510.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200605_200443_Burst01.jpg
    20200605_200443_Burst01.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
No...
Her PH has been 6.8 in the AM and 7.2 in the PM...
Lots of laying down last night, but she seemed content, not at all restless or uncomfortable. Today she is has a definate attitude!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back