Udder development?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to all. Still pregnant this morning but I expect this weekend. Nipples enlarged over night. . Today is my granddaughters 7th birthday so I'm hoping today. She would be so excited!

Thank you to all. Still pregnant this morning but I expect this weekend. Nipples enlarged over night. . Today is my granddaughters 7th birthday so I'm hoping today. She would be so excited!
I can completely relate! We bought a pregnant mare in October and the owner wasn’t sure how far a long. The mare that was with our mare and supposedly got bred at the same time foaled May 25th. Here we are August 17th with no baby yet! We think it’s just any day now. Your mare sounds like mine in condition stages. Good luck hope you have a precious little one today!

I can completely relate! We bought a pregnant mare in October and the owner wasn’t sure how far a long. The mare that was with our mare and supposedly got bred at the same time foaled May 25th. Here we are August 17th with no baby yet! We think it’s just any day now. Your mare sounds like mine in condition stages. Good luck hope you have a precious little one today!
Its crazy how long they can carry in comparison to another mare. Sometumes I think she'll never deliver, it's just an illusion haha. Driving me nuts!

Its crazy how long they can carry in comparison to another mare. Sometumes I think she'll never deliver, it's just an illusion haha. Driving me nuts!
Oh my gosh yes! I’ve thought the same thing. If our vet did not confirm her pregnancy sometimes I think I’m crazy!

Generally a mares udder and nipples will enlarge overnight, especially when a mare is relaxing or laying down. When you are noticing it staying full when moving around, shes getting close.

We FINALLY have a baby! Baby boy (mule) born at 0740!

Attachments

• 20190821_122033.jpg
    20190821_122033.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190821_131147.jpg
    20190821_131147.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190821_131026.jpg
    20190821_131026.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190821_075433.jpg
    20190821_075433.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 15
Question: my newborn mule is already nibbling grass at 1 day. I've read that they don't do this until around 1 week. He seems to be nursing well and energetic. Should I be worried? I've found nothing online to say if this is ok.

Question: my newborn mule is already nibbling grass at 1 day. I've read that they don't do this until around 1 week. He seems to be nursing well and energetic. Should I be worried? I've found nothing online to say if this is ok.
Just like any toddler, they put everything in their mouth. Like Ryan said, as long as he is still nursing well and mare is producing milk, it should be just fine.

Latest posts

Back