Two Sides to Any Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
FIRST......

My condolences to QTR RAES (Donna Herold) who lost her beloved 21-year-old mare at 10:30 pm -- just a few hours before scheduled to leave for the sale
default_cheekkiss.gif
: Please keep her in your prayers.

Of course, I'm glad you gals made it home safely.......BUT..... y'all need a good spankin. Dang it, I'd be mourning the loss of a beautiful, wise friend. And for what?

Being the ultimate bad weather driving thrill seeker -- even I listened to the "no go" advice from Cindy Leeper of Valley View Farm. (Was supposed to pick up the cutie from her farm in my avatar!)

That said, with all the love in my heart for my dear friend, I begged Donna NOT TO GO, due to the poor weather forecast. HOWEVER, I offered Donna and "the chicks" my Super 8 room reservation ($40 per evening) for that night.....in case the weather was bad. Shoot for $10 per person, it's cheap safety insurance. Somehow, this little tid-bit of info wasn't revealed. Just sayin is all.

AS FOR THAT LITTLE SNOT IN THE RING.....why didn't someone jump the panel and run his fanny outta there. :new_shocked: Lemme tell ya, Lonnie would've bought that person lunch.....or a night's stay in a hotel. Hey, if a woman was gettin the tar beat outta her in public and bystanders didn't help, what's the difference?

Painting the Heritage Sale Manager, Lonnie, with a huge brush containing an awful shade of "BAD MAN" is something he does not deserve. There's two sides to every business transaction and, good or bad, PERCEPTION is key. Running someone down on a public forum who's trying to put food on his family's plate isn't cool.

Both Jean Barnhill and Cindy Leeper are stand-up gals who maintain excellent business reputations. When they've taken the time to support the Heritage Sale (Cindy's usually lurking under the radar LOL), their words are worthwhile.

COMMON SENSE EXPECTATIONS REGARDING AUCTIONS:

Consignors are responsible for the care of "their" animals -- if you don't like it, then pass on the horse!

Consignors without coggins in hand deserve a jaunticed eye -- not the auction manager

Horses selling "on application" is the equivalent to purchasing a grade horse (just my opinion)

In the end, all of us are open to the back-biting of others with minis regarding our management of same. Shoot, the ultimate Barn Nazi lives on the next farm lipped off one too many times at my place. Many times, there was a pool of blood dripping from my tongue. Being new to horses, but not a total numbskull, she was served up a hearty helping of her own medicine.

My life isn't over. Dunpainted figures, there's always something to learn about horses and life, in general. We've all made mistakes in life, either by choice or ignorance.

Runnin folks down within the mini community is something we, collectively, don't deserve.

Conversely, those who enjoy engaging in hanging dirty laundry on the clothes line, need to grab themselves a chair, pick a corner, and take a time out until they can behave.

Last edited by a moderator:
What in the world are you talking about? I'm sorry, but that didn't make a bit of sense.

.... That was a random Angry Note to the 4 LAdies that travelled thorugh the bad weather. It wasn't you who went through it. I don't understand your angle about the Acution owner having to put food ont he familys plate.. they never said anything about his auction just a few people treatign their animals bad in it. I dont understand why you had to make a whole psot about how angry you are and that they didnt mention you paid for their room? Did you want them too? Im sure they're grateful.
default_smile.png

... I am assuming this is concerning the post " Diva's Transporting"

[SIZE=10pt]WHAT IN THE WORLD? Obviously I missed something here...[/SIZE]

Lori

For those who have no idea what is going on here (and I don't blame you), go read the post on the Heritage Sale with the pukey face icon....if you care to.....

[SIZE=14pt]since the other one is gone this one should magically vanish too. just my opinion i will be quiet now
default_shutup.gif
: . Nikki
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back