Two of our very lucky finds that made it

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
Finally have pictures of the two horses that started out the year with us and are still hanging in there. We didn't expect everything these two horses have given us but we are so happy with them.

The first is a wonderful filly we bought from Honeysuckle Knoll Farm last year as a weanling. We didn't think she would show this year as she was very slow maturing. Boy were we shocked when we clipped her.

This is Lisa, our chestnut yearling filly.

img_1528.jpg

The next one is our sr gelding, Lucky Four Black Velvet Bandofire. We bought him in Feb. from Trotting C in Mt Airy, NC. He was in the pasture doing nothing and we sure gave him a job. He took awhile to come around but he finally has. He was Reserve Champion Sr Gelding under one judge at Julep Cup and was Reserve Champion Amateur Sr Gelding Level 1 at Eastern Championships last weekend.

img_2954.jpg

But couldn't leave out this picture, he was trying to do a handstand in Liberty. It was his first time in the class for us and he placed 3rd and 5th out of 19. May have to try tricks next time,

img_3872.jpg

THank you for letting me show off our kids. We do have several others that are showing but these two have been out there with us from day one and we love them dearly.

KAREN, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL...YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD...WOW!!!!! THEY LOOK LIKE WORLD CONTENDERS FOR SURE!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WONDERFUL PLACINGS
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

LIS

Very nice, congratulations! Sure is rewarding to see those babies come along isn't it.

Jan

LOVE that Liberty shot! LOL!

Both of your kids are exceptional! I'm especially impressed by the definition of structure in the filly. You are destined for more championships!

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Karen they are wonderful congradulations... your beautiful GELDING is the perfect example of what you can do with a very nice stallion!!!![/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations Karen! They both look fabulous! I love that liberty shot of Bandofire.
aktion033.gif

Very, very, very nice and well presented -
biggrin.gif
Better build a big trophy room - You are going to need it.
yes.gif
yes.gif

They both look lovely!! Congrats! They sure deserve what wonderful placings they got!!
aktion033.gif

-Kris

[SIZE=21pt]DROOL!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Your horses are AWESOME Karen!
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

I knew Analisa was nice, but WOW!!!
new_shocked.gif
Look at her now!

And your boy........WHOOOO!!
wub.gif

This is Lisa before we clipped her and decided to show her, we had our doubts thats for sure. But her breeding is very good and we went ahead and clipped and now 4 months later the above picture is what we have. She will be a future broodmare for us, her sire is a son of Husselers Star (sire of Glenns General Patton) and her dam is a Boones Little Andy daughter.

lisa2.jpg

Wow, both are lovely! But the 2 pix of the filly are amazing. What a change!!!! Love your boys headstand.

WOWSERS Karen!!! I remember that fuzzy pic of Lisa when you sent me a few way back. I am just drooling looking at her now...
new_shocked.gif

...at both of them, they both look fantastic, congrats!!!
smile.gif

Bec

You have to beautiful horses, that's so great that you were rewarded for working with and loving them! Congrats on their accomplishments
aktion033.gif
!

Latest posts

Back