Two More To The Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
After looking LONG and HARD for a great new home for my dearest Spotted Saddle Horse. . .I finally found it! He will be going to a great and loving family in TN - a mother and son who trail ride frequently and enjoy the sights will be having a blast with him. I sure can't wait for them to meet him!

So I am sure you are wondering how the title comes into play? INTRODUCING TWO NEW MINIATURE MARES! Not only are they Mares. . .but they are BRED FOR 2010. 

B&W'S Super Tradition aka "CC" is a beautiful 33.5" AMHA/AMHR 12 y/o solid Golden Palomino who is currently bred for 2010 to a 29" Bond Bred Sorrel Pinto blue eyed stallion  ---> has had several dilute foals and is a proven sound breeder and easy foaler

(Can't find reg. name yet in dozens of emails) aka "Taffy" is a beautiflu 32.5 Falabella bred AMHA 23 y/o Golden Palomino pinto who is currently bred for 2010 to a 30" Blue Boy Bred roan stallion ---> again, has had several diluate babies and is a very easy foaler. . .I am not so worried about this mares age - she looks better than the 12 y/o and is very arab like. . .after her breeding years are over, I intend to dedicate her to the weanlings so they can have someone to comfort them

I am super excited and will be getting pictures when they arrive. . .which will be OCTOBER 10TH - such a long time till then! I am thrilled about bringing home these two gals and if they are pregnant and my current mare Missy is pregnant - I should hope for 3 healthy 2010 foals 
default_wub.png
Thankfully I have a neighbor who lives less than a minute down the road who has been breeding cutting horses for the past 30 years so I have his expertise to help out for my first foaling season. Now I have to go and buy a foaling monitor. . .foal halters. . .foal blankets - ahh the excitment of little ones! 

Thanks for letting me share!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on finding a great home for your riding horse and for your 2 new mares. Sounds like you're going to have an exciting spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys so much -

In preperation of the foals arriving. . .could someone offer a list of things that they keep in the barn for foaling and caring for foals? Some of the things that I already have planned are:

1. foal blankets
  2. foal halters w/ leads
  3. foaling monitor
  4. towels
  5. probios
  6. foal feeders (has the bars on the top of the feeder to allow only the foal to eat from it)

Latest posts

Back