Two more foals for CMC!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMC

Reaction score
And both are fillies!!! They were born 8 minutes apart on March 12. We have never had two mares foal so closely so it was quite hectic. When the beeper went off at 10:43 PM we saw one of the mares laying down. She was at 340 days and ready for some time. But taking a second glance at the screen we saw our only "B" size mare and maiden standing in the middle of her stall with the foal half way out and hanging there. I think my heart stopped. This mare showed no signs of imminent foaling. I think at that point I sounded like a tornado hit the house. I ran out to the barn just barely having time to knock on the door of another sister. When I got to the barn the foal was already out - she must have just dropped down as the mare did not lay down. I opened the sack got the fluid out of her nose and see Not Forgotten, the mare in the next stall, laying down, pushing and nothing coming out. So here we go. By this time two Sister arrived at the scene. I will remember for a long time the look on their faces when I asked them to take care of the other foal. What foal??? So we helped out Not Forgotten to deliver a beautiful, tiny, refined, black near leopard filly. While she was still only half way out the Sister whisperred: It's a filly. How do you know? I mean the other one!

So we have been blessed with a black near leopard filly and buckskin filly - our first AMHR/ASPC. We were so everjoyed that it did not faze us at all when we found out that the maiden mare had NO MILK. We milked Not Forgotten a little (she has lots of milk) and gave the colostrum to the other filly. Then fed her every 2 hours with colostrum supplement until her mom got milk (our vet did Igg test and she came though with flying colors). Meanwhile Not Forgotten would not pass placenta. So after 1 1/2 hour of waiting (we now have a shot for it) we remembered reading here on LB about tying a bag filled with water. Not bag on hand we used a glove and it worked like a magic. 5 minutes later the placenta was out.

And here they are. Photos taken at 2 1/2 days old

CMC Scout's Spots For Cash - Black near leopard filly sired by CCMF Cash The Check (son of Allaince Sign On The Dotted Line) and out of Fallen Ash Scout's Not Forgotten (daughter of L&D Scout)

577896_485353538196670_436235983_n.jpg

581849_485353591529998_1873431965_n.jpg

CMC Royal Grand Elegance - buckskin filly sired by Buckeye WCF Leeland Royal Grand and out of AMore' Pur Elegance.

246397_485350408196983_1170853384_n.jpg
59113_485350981530259_400049780_n.jpg

Wow they are absolutely gorgeous! such delicate little Angels with beautiful heads! Congratulations!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, glad everything turned out well but definitely sounds like a hectic time! I LOVE the little appy filly!!!

They are both beautiful and you wonderful ladies did great!

Sounds like utter pandemonium for a few minutes! LOL Well they are both adorable, congrats on your two new foals!!

Congrats! What a night, thank you for sharing the story. They are both adorable, but I love the buckskin.

Congratulations on 2 beautiful fillies

What a frantic double birth - sounds like your mares were working together to let you know what's up in the barn

just beautiful -so glad all went well

Beautiful, beautiful babies - many congratulations to you all!

Congrats! They're gorgeous ♥ My Dad's horse was born on a march 12th too =)

Gorgeous little fillies! Gotta say I love the buckskin too but both are definitely pretty dang adorable.

Congratulations! Beautiful little fillies!!! Sounds like you all had a very "busy" night but with a very happy ending!!
default_yes.gif

Oh my gosh nice saves! Beautiful fillies! Congatulations!

Latest posts

Back