Two Applique Quilts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
This wall hanging I made several years ago is entirely hand made and hand quilted. The applique pieces were not backed, but a single layer pinned in place and sewn the basic way by using a needle to turn under the edges and hiding the stitches. Designed by me influenced by the Cotton Boll pattern. I made my own quilting stencils. The sawtooth border is handpieced.

Portfolio file 12QUILT2.JPG

I hand appliqued and hand quilted this lap size quilt, also making my own patterns and quilting stencils. Same method as the one above. I quilt stitch the background straight rows by using masking tape as I go along as a guide.

Portfolio file 11QUILT.JPG

I have given as gifts most of my pieced quilts, I will have to check my photo box to see if I still have photos. Most of them were bed sized, and I cannot do that size any more!

I am really enjoying seeing everyone's handiwork, so much talent in horse people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very lovely. Huge applause to you for having the patience for applique`; while I like the look, I don't have the patience for it, so don't do it.

WOW! Beautiful! I can't even begin to imagine how much time and patience it took from start to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so impressed. I have been known to do this, but I fear my eyesight is so poor now that I couldn't focus well enough. However, having said that, I may attempt it at some time in the future, just to see if I still have it in me.

Yours are beautiful.

Perfection! Love everything!

Lois

WOW!!!!!!! You do fantastic work!!!!!!!!!!!
default_worshippy.gif

Latest posts

Back