Tweet Tweet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bannerminis

Reaction score
Just had to share a couple of cute pics I took this evening of some fledlings that nearly mowed me down when I went out this evening to pic up my daughters dolly. Went out with the camera once the kids were in bed and this is what I got before they disappeared
default_biggrin.png

Birdie3.jpg

How many Tweety birds can you see
default_biggrin.png

Birdie2.jpg

Birdie1.jpg

oh how CUTE!!! i count 3 in the second picture. are they house wrens or carolina wrens or ???

it's one of my very favorite things about this time of year.
default_aktion033.gif

Awww...how cute! Thanks for sharing!

CUTE!
default_wub.png
What are they? I counted three......right?

How adorable!! That first pic could be used for a puzzle. I counted ~3 partridge in a pear tree~!!!
default_biggrin.png

Awee, such cute babies! Your pics are beautiful.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I have a baby bird story to share as well.........and had this story turned out differently, I would have felt just AWEFUL!!!

I was mowing lawn last friday, and with the dandilion forest out there, the grass was quite tall. I had been watching momma and papa bluebird while mowing the back part of the lawn first. They'd fly away as soon as I got to close, and then right back they came to the box.

I moved to another section of lawn closer to the driveway, and came back towards where I had just cut. I was making the first pass on the outside, and thought it was kind of funny that papa blue was staying so close to the box while I was coming closer with the mower. Luckily I looked down at just the right time! There was two tiny eyes looking back at me from my left side of the mower. I was only inches away from the fledgling bluebird with the front left tire, and surely would have run it over with the mower deck had I not seen it! Thank God! I would have felt aweful!

There was 4 babies. I stopped mowing in the front, and gave them some time to get where they needed to be........in the woods. They all made it, cause when I went back, they were no where to be found, but I could hear them and momma/papa in the woods scolding me. I didn't think we'd have fledglings yet, and it never even dawned on me till I saw the wee one!

Pictures037.jpg

Pictures043.jpg

Pictures045.jpg

Latest posts

Back