Turnaround Time for Papers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awkward Artsy

Reaction score
In mid Dec I sent off AMHR papers for my horse to be transferred into my name (finally) and have his expired temporary turned into permanent. What is normally the turnaround time for getting papers back? I guess I'm just paranoid of getting irreplaceable papers lost in the mail.

I wanted to register him with Pinto and get all his info carried over via his AMHR papers this year and our first show is in March but I don't think there will be enough time now.

AMHR 3 weeks tops. Probably a little delayed because they close up for the holidays. AMHA is quite a bit longer, at least 2 months. AMHA will send you an email once they look at it and you may need another 3-4 weeks from then. And AMHR at least will send you an email copy if it gets lost in the mail so you can show.

I haven't sent anything in awhile but past experience tells me that paperwork sent in December is usually some of the slowest. It is a very busy month for office staff as so many people wait until last minute to get the year's paperwork sent in. Factor in the holiday office closures and it just slows things down.

As others have said it really depends. I send in paperwork to AMHR and AMHA. It usually takes a bit but especially this time of the year. Both offices have been great to work with though. Last year I was in a hurry and they sent me email copies and verifications of a horse I’d just bought so I could show. Didn’t charge me a thing either.

Jan 31, just got the email from AMHA saying they are changing Breezy’s stallion papers to gelding. Still haven’t gotten them in the mail yet, but we are snowed in 🤣🤣🤣 …. Ok, not really, but it is icey out there and our driveway is really long 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back