tunica sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAILS

Reaction score
Is there a website with listings and pictures of sale horses? thanks

Gail,

there is also a banner ad on the main page here at Lil Beginnings under the hot topics that will take you directly to it. Jana & Gary have made a ton of changes to for the sale Ths time around.
default_aktion033.gif

Things like on-line bidding, better video and a bank of land based phone lines so folks can get in to bid easier.
default_yes.gif

There are some really nice AMHR. AMHA & ASPC registered horses in the mix, along with a number that are double registered. I saw a couple in the catalog that would be prime candidates to be triple registered also. Which is kind of cool.
default_smile.png

Hope to see you there, we are heading out early early Thursday for the show and sale ourselves!!
default_biggrin.png

Penny,

welcome to the forum, we love new folks here. You will find a lot of good folks here that are a lot of fun.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

As far as the sale is concerned the link for the catalog is http://www.doublediamond.org/catalog.aspx and from there you should be able to navigate around for all the pertinent stuff. How to get a bidders #, how to bid etc. etc. There will be an on-line preview of the horses on Friday (I think at 4:00 pm CST) but you need to check the time. The sale is Saturday at 5:00 pm CST.
default_new_shocked.gif

If you have any other questions email me and I will try to help. [email protected]
default_wink.png

Also if anyone needs hauling back to the gulf coast of Texas, we will have some room in the trailer I think so let me know.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful bidding online. It didn't work out for me last time at all, and I never got any responses to my emails. Won't be doing that again.

Boy that sucks sfminihorse, I have bought 6 over the internet at the double diamond sales in the past and never had a problem.
default_aktion033.gif

If you want to send me an email to [email protected] telling of the problems and I will put it in Jana;s hands for you. I bet that will get some reaction for you LOL.
default_yes.gif

John, do you know if you bid on the tack online if they will ship to you? We were interested in some stuff from the last sale in Ohio but when we called in they said that they were not shipping. So just wanted to check for this sale.

Am I misunderstanding the process? It seems now you have to register and leave a CC number just to be able to view the sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks John, but I emailed her directly and got zero response. I also emailed the store email. Nada. I was bidding online, not phone. The new software really jacked up the bids online by a bunch, at that time you couldn't set the amount you wanted to bid. I thought I should be able to hit the bid now button and enter a bid, but it didn't work that way. One click, you bid without a confirming button to make sure it wasn't an accident. Then, as the winning bidder per that software, didn't get the item, someone at the auction got it. In a way I am glad I wasn't charged the bid amount since the software jacked it up by about triple what it sold for. I emailed right away to say I was the winning bidder and wanted the item, but only for a fair amount over the high bid at the sale.

The sale last weekend was Reece's, not Double Diamond so different rules apply. Double Diamond usually ships. Check the website, it might say something about shipping tack.

I am new here...Where is this sale being held?? I am looking for a mini for the grand daughters to love on and possibly show..

Penny
Hi Penny! The sale is in Tunica, Mississippi. I know in the past Jana has offered very reasonable shipping on auction horses when she herself comes back to Indiana, so if you're thinking about shopping at this sale I would contact her.

How or is there even anyway to get additional info on a horse in the sale when bidding online only? I got my eye on one and would like a bit more info than listed and I am not going to be able to be there in person.

Back