Tunica Mississippi AMHA, AMHR & ASPC Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWC sr.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just got in an email from the show manager about the upcoming show in Tunica, Mississippi.
default_wink.png

It sounds like a lot of fun and we are planning on taking some horses for each of the different divisions of the show.
default_yes.gif

Youth Classes are only 12.00 each, so the grandkids are going.
default_wub.png

The AMHA portion is on Friday May 28th and we are taking 6 for that show.

The AMHR & ASPC portion will be on May 29th and 30th and we will be taking 7 for that portion of the show.

In addition to the show they are having a Hawaiian Luau theme party one of the nights. And no I am NOT going to wear the coconuts and grass skirt some folks are suggesting that I wear t it for the hula contest. That might traumatize all the kids in attendance permanently. LOL
default_no.gif

In any case who all is planning on going, I would love to put some faces with the names here on the forum!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there.....

Dont' know who I'm bringing yet, but will probably bring a full trailer of 10...

See you there John!! Watern' Hole will be up and running
default_smile.png

default_risa8.gif
Hi Everyone,

Thanks John for posting for me... But wanted to make a conrrection... YOUTH CLASSES ARE FREE FOR BOTH AMHA DAY AND ASPC/AMHR DAY AT THE TUNICA.. .SPONSORS RAY & VIKI TOBIN WILL BE PROVIDING TROPHIES FOR EVERY YOUTH CLASS... WITH NO ENTRY FEES!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Also the amateur classes are only $12.00

Bar B Q buffet exhibitor dinner Saturday night co-sponsored by John & Cindy Cherry...

Tunica is going to be a great show this year with a Luau theme, so bring your grass skirts.....
default_risa8.gif

Waterin Hole providing the berverages for the weekend....
default_cheers.gif
default_cheers.gif

Questions, please call or email [email protected] 315 986 3026

We will be there!
default_saludando.gif
Bringing 6 to show.

Sorry about that Lea, as usual I was in too big of a hurry to read it right.
default_wink.png

With the youth classes being free it is even better for us, Megan and Katelyn are planning on showing 5 of th 7 horses we are bringing.
default_risa8.gif

Are you having supreme/champion classes for the kids like you did before? If so do you need a sponser for those classes in the different shows?
default_cheers.gif

Sorry about that Lea, as usual I was in too big of a hurry to read it right.
default_wink.png

With the youth classes being free it is even better for us, Megan and Katelyn are planning on showing 5 of th 7 horses we are bringing.
default_risa8.gif

Are you having supreme/champion classes for the kids like you did before? If so do you need a sponser for those classes in the different shows?
default_cheers.gif
This year we decided not to give out the Champion of Champion on the youth and make all the youth classes free with trophies for the youth classes...

Saving the Champion of Champion for the big kids this year.... Have those nice coolers for the ASPC/AMHR day and Neck Ribbons for the AMHA day..... The A big kids will be upset if they don't get a cooler but couldn't snag a sponsor for them -- what is that about?????
default_no.gif

I do not know, seems like we should have been able to find one. If we were not already sponsoring some stuff I would do it, but cindy would kill me. LOL
default_yes.gif

I think we are going with our two stallions…it will be our first “real” show…..very nervous
default_unsure.png

Ah don't be nervous, you will be among friends. It will be a lot of fun for you and the horses. LOL
default_wink.png

See you there. Make sure and introduce yourself while we are all there.
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Ah don't be nervous, you will be among friends. It will be a lot of fun for you and the horses. LOL
wink.gif

See you there. Make sure and introduce yourself while we are all there.
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

We'll defiantly be sure to do that. We know Erica and Belinda already but we are excited to meet new people. Not sure if we are coming all weekend or just Sunday…. Our stallions will just be in the under classes Sunday. Still nervous though, our stallion Bare is the only one who isn't really green lol

How about the Sale is it still on schedule for Saturday night? We have had people asking us, I guess because we are in the area, and I have not been able to find any information online regarding the sale or how to consign????

Anne,

I posted a little information on it in another post here on the web site and yes it is on. A combination of shetlands, AMHR & AMHA horses will be offered along with new online bidding,, a chat room and all the other stuff. Plus the best part is land lines in order to call in and place bids.

There is a banner ad (they are calling it the Slots Are Fun Sale) here on the forum at the top of the page and the web site is supposed to be up by about tuesday I think Jana said. Should be a fun sale and show all in all. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Anne,

I posted a little information on it in another post here on the web site and yes it is on. A combination of shetlands, AMHR & AMHA horses will be offered along with new online bidding,, a chat room and all the other stuff. Plus the best part is land lines in order to call in and place bids.

There is a banner ad (they are calling it the Slots Are Fun Sale) here on the forum at the top of the page and the web site is supposed to be up by about tuesday I think Jana said. Should be a fun sale and show all in all. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.
Thanks John, for the info. Look forward to seeing everyone and we will pass the word about the Sale still being a GO.

Hello John.......We be there with about 9 horses and cant wait to show at the amha part of the show,,,,It has been a while since i have shown in the A's,,,,,,Lea puts on a great show ,,,,we have been there before and it is worth the 9 hour drive,,,,,,,,seeya all there,,,,,Oh yeah Erica i am bringing chance with me,,,,,,she is looking really good,,,,,,

Fun Fun Fun, this is going to be fun. Did I say that enough. LOL
default_yes.gif

I just got an email from Lea and she says she is putting in the Champion of Champions class for the youth.
default_aktion033.gif

The news has my Grandkids excited and I understand why!!
default_yes.gif

They always feel left out if the shows we go to only offer it for the open and/or Ammy clases. I think even though it is an unrated class(maybe that needs to change) it needs to be added for the kids, so they feel wanted and have an ultimate goal to shoot for. To me anything to encourage them to participate and be involved is a big plus for everyone all the way around!!
default_wub.png

I just got a email from Lea telling me they found sponsors for the kids classes. Lea and Ray decided to do it for them.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif

the awards will be as follows:

AMHA Youth Supreme Halter Horse

AMHR youth Champion of Champion Over

AMHR youth Champion of champion under

ASPC Youth Champion of champion

The kids will get coolers or director chairs for each of them. Thanks Lea and Ray all the kids thank you I am sure!!!!

Hope we get a good turn out!!!!
default_wub.png
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif

Latest posts

Back