Trying to gauge interest in a new AMHA show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Please don't anybody get your hopes us because this is just a brainstorming/fact finding mission at this point. But wanted to find out here what interest there may be in an AMHA rated show (full schedule) located in St. Louis, MO. It would be on a Sat/Sun at the National Equestrian Center facility website

There are no dates set in stone yet, but somewhere between May and end of July, 2012.

Another question... Is there another club that by chance would like to partner to share this show sponsorship?

Any thoughts? All opinions/suggestions gladly accepted.
default_yes.gif

Last edited:
Hey why not put an Amhr show on too? Would think alot more people would could come to it

Diane

We would be potentially interested in an AMHA show, would be a little longer drive than we normally make but would love to have more A shows in the area.

Very nice facility. Only drawback for us would be stalls and barn aisles are on dirt, but sometimes I'll put up with that if the rest is good. :eek:)

Check the Regional Show dates and PtHA World to avoid conflict.

If it didn't confilct with the Oklahoma shows we might consider making that drive. It would be nice to have some different competition for our show horses during the season.

Post this everywhere you can Parmela. I think it's exciting.

Charlotte

Thank you for the responses so far.

Hey why not put an Amhr show on too? Would think alot more people would could come to it

Diane
Diane, I contacted the AMHR club last year regarding this possibility. The president of the club was not in favor at all, it seemed.
default_no.gif
I personally think it's nothing but a win-win situation, but it was not viewed that way. So for now, unless another R club wants to join us (don't even know if that's "allowed" or not) we're on our own.

Please keep the responses/suggestions coming. All are greatly appreciated!
default_yes.gif

It might be fun showing at a different location if it doesn't conflict with shows alredy on my schedule. As Charlotte pointed out, the only real drawback I see is stalls on dirt. We are pretty spoiled to all concrete facilities!
default_smile.png

Would be VERY interested. The only reason we haven't showed AMHA before, is the closest show to us is in Wichita, KS.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back