try to reach Rob of CLC

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tini-z

Reaction score
I ordered from Rob of CLC a Double K clipper, blades and a converter.

The Double K arrived 4 month later. Now I am still waiting for the rest. I paid for it!!! How can I reach him??!??!?! He wrote me that he has send it to me, but nothing arrived. I try to call, get no respones, wrote e-mails...

What could I do?

I suspect he did mail the order when he said he did; Rob has a very good reputation. If the package gets opened and inspected at customs it can take nearly 2 months for me to get a package here (Canada) from a US company/individual. I once had a letter take 3 months to come from Australia when it inadvertently got sent surface rather than air.

You're in Europe I believe? Did you pay for shipping by air or surface?

Rob is, I believe, at Nationals this week so he won't be home to answer your e-mails or phone calls. I'd suggest calling him or e-mailing again after this coming weekend. If you're trying to make him look bad by posting this here, I don't think it's going to work. Rob is well liked on this board and I've never heard anyone else speak negatively of him.

You weren't popular the first time you posted here about this; I doubt you'll be any more popular this time.

Rob has a very good reputation here and Tabitha is probably right, I'm sure he is at Nationals.

I assume there is not a tracking number associated with the package, since you are overseas. I ordered something once from overseas and it took close to 3 months to get here, I don't know why, but it did and once I never got my item at all.

If you left him a message or emailed him, I am sure he will contact you when he returns. I too don't think it's fair that you post about it here. I know you are frustrated, but this is not going to help.

I'm sure he cannot respond to you at this moment regardless because he is currently at the AMHR Nationals in Tulsa, OK, and winning lots with his horses. I do know that international delivery can be slow. I hope you get the order soon.

You weren't popular the first time you posted here about this; I doubt you'll be any more popular this time.
But, this is someone who is using this post as a "last resort", and I never thought about this forum as a popularity contest.

She is asking a question, it is a public forum, yes; but she dosn't know this person, and obviously didn't KNOW he was away at the Nationals. She already HAS waited over FOUR MONTHS for these items. In my opinion, tracking should have already been initiated.

Were I so far away, and it had taken so long for an item I had bought and paid for, I would try to get an answer in any way I could, as well.

Yes, Rob has friends here, and a good reputation. You have no need to get nasty defending him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered some clipper blades from him last Spring, and they, too, took weeks and weeks to arrive after I paid for them. I did, however, eventually get them. Rob said that there was a problem with him getting the blades from the supplier, then another problem with the shipping. Hold tight, and keep emailing or calling, and I'm sure your stuff will finally get there!

I can assure you all that Christina has been very patiently waiting for her order which incidentally was placed on March 13 2005. Without the converter and blades the clippers are useless,she waited through spring clipping through show season and through her photo shoot with Liz and still has not received her order. She has been more that fair with Mr Carter.

I have personally contacted him on many occasions regarding this order I have saved the e-mails. I have even spoke with Double K and they had the items she needed in March. The last 3 inquiries I made to Mr Carter he did not return my messages. He was home too because he had posted the same day on this very forum.

You say it isn't fair to Rob and I would agree if, we had not tried to contact him personally.If you were waiting on the order you might feel differently.

I can assure you this was a last recourse for Christina. She paid for the items in good faith and respectfully requested her purchases many times.

I have personally sent her packages and it has never taken this long for her to receive them.

I think Christina has every right to expect her order and we have both asked for Robs help in locating the package, he said, was sent on June 29 but he has not responded. I know it takes time to ship overseas but, unless package is lost it should have been there. All Christina wants is some help from Rob to help locate her order.

Maybe we should look at her side of this.Popular or not these are just the facts.

Respectfully submitted, Nancy

HI

I would imagine that Rob is at Nationals.

I would try phoning him somehow, this forum is not the place to disguss business transactions of this nature. JMO of course! Since there is always two sides to every story.............

Beth

Rob is in Tulsa, OK for R Nationals. I'm sure that is why you have not heard back from him. Might want to try after the 20th to give him time for his trip back to Washington.

l had a problem once with someone saying they had sent what l ordered and paid for and more them 3 months later l still didn't have what l paid for l also called and emailed and was told it's in the mail. l kept all back and forth info and on month 5 l did get the parcel BUT... it was stamped with a date from the post office 2 months later then the person said he mailed it. All parcels are stamped as soon as they get in the system so if l were you when you get your stuff check the dates and you'll know at least if it was mailed when the person said.
biggrin.gif

I will be the devils advocate here. On one hand we have a woman who placed and paid for an order almost seven months ago. We have another person who has acted as a contact person on this side of the pond. We have a manufacturer who claims the requested merchandise was available at the time of the order. On the flip side we have a dealer who many people have done business with and have received satisfactory service from. It is believed that this dealer works at it on a part time basis as he has taken time to go to shows and work with horses in addition to his sales. Even at the slow rate for surface shipping the estimate of ten to twelve weeks would be the long end of the spectrum. Was it proper to bring this out on a public forum ?? Had it been only a few weeks or even three months I would say no. But it has now been in excess of six months. Yes I do feel she has a right to address this in a no accusatory manner in an open forum. She has not made any slanderous remarks only asked for , communication, information and the merchandise she has paid for. For a small time business operator not to keep in contact with a customer until they are sure the customer is satisfied is a poor way to operate. With email communication its nothing to say, Your order was shipped on ----------, If you have not yet received it please let me know, Regards. Just dropping the stuff in the mail, The transaction is not complete until the customer receives it and is happy with the transaction. This dealer needs to step up to the plate (even if he is at an important show) and get this fixed to the customers satisfaction. Just my .02 cents worth.

Tabitha said:

466161[/snapback]

Tabitha, Ya know your statement above is quite RUDE! Try reading the board rules, where it states...NO PERSONAL attacks on the forum! There is really no need to be snotty.... contrary to what you may think, any forum is not a popularity high school contest.
rolleyes.gif
AND if it is a popularity contest, I hope the hall monitor is handing out BIG detention slips.
laugh.gif

Tini-z, I hope things get cleared up for you and both sides are satisfied.
smile.gif

Yes, Russ, I guess you're a good judge of rude, that's perfectly obvious.
biggrin.gif

I've been there, done that--not with Rob, but a different forum member that I ordered something from; she had to wait on the order from the manufacturer...didn't answer the e-mail I sent 6 weeks after I ordered/paid, then when I e-mailed again a month later she did reply, saying she'd sent the item out 6 weeks earlier. By this time I was quite sure the item was never going to come, but I just e-mailed a couple people privately to ask if they'd had/heard of any problems with this person--answer was no, all references were good--and sure enough, the package showed up not long after that. And yes, it was postmarked on the day the vendor claimed it went into the mail, so she had told no lie. It would seem that the holdup had been at Canada Customs. International mail isn't always too speedy. I once received something from NZ 5 days after it was mailed, but that was an exception--the box must have made all the right connections. I once had something take 4 months from Australia.

Sue, by my math, if the blades were sent June 29th, that is just....2 1/2 months, not "over 4 months" since they were sent??

Since all references on Rob seem to be good, I expect this order will show up. If anyone has bad references to give, hopefully they've been e-mailed/PM'd to the original poster here. If she hasn't received any of those, if I were her I wouldn't worry. It's annoying, yes, tell me about it & I agree it would be nice if Rob (or any vendor) would answer her queries, but a good many people have good intentions of answering calls/messages promptly, but I also understand that many people, Rob included, are very busy & it's easy for things to get set aside until "later" & then time just gets away. Ha, I've also tried to track down a missing parcel--it's not always easy or instant to find out where exactly that parcel is when it's an international delivery; in my case by the time I got the info from Canada Post the lost envelope had showed up at its destination.
wacko.gif
A tracking # will, of course, "prove" when it was mailed.

It's unfortunate you've had to wait so long, but I really do believe that in this case patience is a virtue.

Minimor's quote, "Yes, Russ, I guess you're a good judge of rude, that's perfectly obvious".
biggrin.gif

Minimor, how childish! All my point was above....no need for people to be so darn mean to each other....REGUARDLESS of of what we do or do not agree on. BUT If you guys wanna fight on here.... go ahead and rip each other to shreds!

Mary Lou, Mona and Carol ....you have my deepest sympathy and utmost respect with your moderating job! If only there were a shock button for you to use on all of us on the naughty days.....
wink.gif

tini-z I apologize for my post as it really didn't help you find a solution...I hope someone CAN help you on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Christina,

I have had good service the time I sent some of my blades to Rob to be sharpened, so I have nothing bad to say about his service.

But I also Totally understand your position and frustration and just have to say your post did not come across as mean or nasty at all. It simply came across to me as a last resort type of good faith effort to find out who you can contact to try to find your merchandise or what your next step can be. There was no nasty tone to it at all. And in my opinion you have been very patient.

I sometimes order wormers etc, for a good friend in the Falkand Islands because she can't get American companies to mail to her there at all. One time my package took 6 months to get there! The good news is that it surprised us both when it finally showed up. I really hope your package shows up for you too. I am sorry you had to miss out on clipping for whole season etc. and hope next year will be much better for you. :)

Susan O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

[ by my math, if the blades were sent June 29th, that is just....2 1/2 months, not "over 4 months" since they were sent?? ]

-----------------------------------------

Order was finalized 3/13.it was finally shipped 5/2 2005

Recieved by Christina 5/13/05, incomplete order it was missing the converter and blades.

Was told blades and converter were shipped June 29/05.

As of September 13/05 this is 6 months since the original order was placed.

If it took from 5/2 till 5/13 to receive the incomplete order .Since the partial order arrived in 11 days. It seems only natural that someone would wonder why it is taking so long to receive the portion of order that was left out of original order.

Go figure!!!!!

JMP it seemed reasonable to try to find out why it had not been received and why there had been no response from the seller since these requests for information have been ongoing and not just at this particular time. Surley they have not been gone to show for over a month???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back