True Friends

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
I haven't know Sunny (Judy Bakker) all that long but we certainly have become very close and dear friends. She phoned my yesterday morning to console me on the loss of my mother..her words were a comfort as we both sobbed on the phone. Later in the afternoon, when I was completely wrung out, Judy phoned me again.

She was making entries for the AMHR Nationals and wanted the registration numbers of my 2 boys. Why??? Judy was entering the horses on my behalf so that if in September I am up to it, I can show!!!!!!!!!! What a true friend, to think ahead! She knew from our conversations that my mother was proud that I had 2 horses qualified and that we had planned on showing in Tulsa.

Judy told me on the phone " Your mom would be so proud of you at the Nationals, it didn't seem right that you would miss the show because you missed the deadline, so I am doing it for you!

OMG, I was absolutely floored, teary and elated. I KNOW by September things will be back to some sort of normalcy, and I WOULD want to go to Nationals, and my dearest friend Judy has made it possible.

Showing horses (actually having horses) was a gift from my mother, she was the one that guided me all these years. So when I get to Nationals, just standing in the ring will be a tribute to her. She will be right there beside me, "telling" me what to do (she was a GREAT rail person!!!)

From the bottom of my heart, thanks to my "little ray of sunshine on a dark day" Judy Bakker.

Kim

smile.gif
I'm so glad you have a friend like that dear...and yes I think you will be able to handle it by Sept..there will always be moments that catch you in a teary mood unawares, but they will give way to only great memories.

That will be your gift from your mother..I know because I lost both my dad and them my mom in last threse years..

Be sure to take good care of yourself too..Maxine

IT'S HARD TO SAY HOW YOU WILL FEEL, BUT SEPTEMBER IS ONLY A LITTLE WAY AWAY. I STILL HAVE MY MOM BUT LOST MY DAD VERY SUDDENLY. WITH FRIENDS STANDING BEHIND TO CATCH YOU WHEN YOU WAVIER IS A GREAT TESTIMENT TO THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE. THEY ARE ONLY DOING, WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE FOR THEM.

I HATE TO TELL YOU HOW SAD YOU WILL BE, SO WISHING YOUR MOM WAS THERE WITH YOU. BUT LET IT OUT....GO TO MARTY'S MOUNTAIN AND YELL !!

THE FIRST YEAR IS THE HARDIEST, FIRST SHOW, FIRST XMAS, FIRST BIRTHDAY, FIRST MOTHERS DAY.

I'M DEPRESSING MYSELF NOW !

DON'T BE AFRAID TO GRIEVE.....DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK YOUR FRIENDS FOR ANY HELP YOU MIGHT NEED.

LILX

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks Judy for doing that for Kim. I know her mom would want her to be with us at Nationals..... You are the best![/SIZE]

Lyn

Now I am teary eyed. Just knowing that people are that thoughtful here and supportive. What a great thing to do Judy, you truly are a blessing and great friend. You remind the rest of us to think about how to help others when they need us the most. I am never good at that kind of thing, and when someone else does, I think, Gee I could have done that!
wacko.gif

Kim do know that getting on with things won't be easy, but it is what your mom would have wished for you. Holding you in prayer.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.

I lost my mother and 5 years later in 2003 lost my father and grandmother. It has been very tough at times. My father was a stong supporter of my son playing ice hockey. After he died I had a very difficult time going to his games.

Maxine is right-- there will be times when you will be caught unawares with tears. The smallest things may remind you of your dear mother. But there will also be times when you will see or hear something funny that your mother would have done-- or would have had a strong reaction to-- and it will make you laugh out loud, even if you're all by yourself.

Just know that she's out there watching you and happy for you. She's in a good place and takes part in your joy and your sadness.

Take care.

And way to go Judy!!
aktion033.gif

HI Kim

I am soo glad you have a close freind like Judy she is such a sweet person and very thoughtful.

I am really sorry about your mom, my thoughts are with you and your family.

HUGS

Nicole

I lost my mom too Kimmy and I know it's so hard.

One thing that she taught me was not to ask someone in need "is there anything I can do for you?" She taught me just to step up and do it. That's just what Judy did.

When I first came to the forum I had three friends and Judy was one of them. She always has a special place in my heart and always will. She's still "Sunny" to me, a very wonderful girl.

Wow...just simply wow!!!! It's very touching to know that there are people out there with golden hearts!
wub.gif

Oh, you guys are making me cry! I didn't know Kim would go public with this!

I love Kim to death and admire her so much. I know she missed out on a lot (most everything) last year when her dear mom was so sick. And this year she has worked sooo hard to train her horses and get them ready to show. I remember 2001 when we missed our chance to go to Nationals because of 9/11 and then my own mom died two months later. I was devastated to say the least, and I didn't want Kim to experience that. I don't know if she'll be ready to go to Nationals or not. That decision is totally up to her. But if she feels she's ready, then at least she'll be able to. I would hate for her to lose that opportunity after losing her dear mom.

Thank you all so much for your very kind comments. It's all about Kim, though, not me.

Marty honey, I love you, too!!!!!!!

Judy, that is wonderful. I have only communicated with you a few times by email, back around 9/11 when the AMHR was refusing to refund entries due to the fact that you could not possibly get to Nationals w/the closed borders, but I remember how caring and sympathetic you are.

Thank you for being there for someone who needs you. I am sure there will be wonderful rewards for someone as kind and thoughtful as you.

Liz M.

That is sooo nice to hear, Judy!

Kimmy,

You deserve to go to Nationals and to have fun! Don't let a tragedy like this, make you think, you shouldn't go.

When my dad died, I felt VERY guilty when I decided to go to the show 2 weeks later. But now that I come to think of it, he would have been proud of me, that I went and did somthing I enjoy rather then sitting around at home, being sad.

Your mom wants you to continue on with life, and keep doing the stuff that you enjoy
yes.gif

I truly hope you go and make us canadians proud
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

-Kris
saludando.gif

Kim, I am so deeply sory for the loss of your mother.

Judy is indeed a caring prson. When our grandson drowned on his school trip 5 yearas ago, we did not have a computer then. Judy was on the forum telling everyone about the accident & she gathered all the emails that you all sent & copied them for our scrapbook of memories. That was my first introduction to the caring people on the forum. So, when Judy lost her mom. we were pleaed to be able to go and give her a big hug as well.

So (((())))) hugs from us to you as well Kim. We just met at the last show. I sure hope you will make the Nationals. Talk to you soon Amelia

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{{HUGS}}}} So sorry about your mom Kim, and bless your heart Judy for being so thoughtful. It is a wonderful gift to have friends that go beyond. Best of luck to my fellow Canadians heading to the Nationals this year. Go girls.

{{{{HUGS}}}} So sorry about your mom Kim, and bless your heart Judy for being so thoughtful. It is a wonderful gift to have friends that go beyond. Best of luck to my fellow Canadians heading to the Nationals this year. Go girls. Barb

Aw Judy.. I had to go public!!! The wake was today (LONG DAY) and a lot of people where "horse" people and when I told them what you had done for me, they said" OMG that is the most wonderful thing..what a TRUE friend"..my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris..I knew and read your story last year, and the post recently about your fathre struck me close to the heart..about your ability to be so grown-up and true that I posted I only hope to have the grace and courage you did and I am much older. Believe it or not, but your stuggle has given me the ability to realize.....there is a way!

The wake was bizzare to say the least..there was more giggles and laughter than at a comedy club!!!!!!!! My mom would be so HAPPY to see her celebration of her closest friends and fanily carrying on like a bunch of school girls..if you knew my Mom it is very fitting!!! I swear, anybody that walked in at the beginning (family MOB connections, detectives, Al Capone etc) stories had us in hysterics..not somber at all, which is SOOOO my mom. You forum friends and family can make me cry and laugh in the space of a paragraph......THANK YOU TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!!!! I CAN do this because of your support..Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim

A "true" friend is something to treasure and nurture. You both a very very lucky. Bless you both.

Lucky you, having such a good friend.

I am very sorry for the loss of your Mom. Been there and I know its not easy.

Latest posts

Back