Triple Crown Safe Starch Forage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Triple Crown Safe Starch Forage......Are there others in Oklahoma who use this product? It's never been a supply problem before but now my regular dealers are telling me they don't have it. A friend found a feed store in Yukon that carries it so we went and bought all we could last night. The manufacturer tells us, per phone call, that there is no problem with supply, so what's the deal?

Hello Charlotte! I don't use the Triple Crown line but with the feeds I am feeding I have noticed the supply in the feed stores is a lot less. I have a feeling that feed stores are limiting their inventories in order to save money possibly? Just my guess but rather frustrating when you go to buy feed and they have 1 bag and you have to make another trip back for more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any problem here in NC. Hope not..

CZP1, the manufacturer said there was no problem with supply of product, so the issue seems to be with the distributer here in the south central US. I would like to know if anyone knows of feed stores in this area who still have a supply of it.

Sorry, I cant answer your question, but did want to say that if you buy several bags at once because they might suddenly be in short supply, be careful that the sacks will still be 'in date' if you are not needing to feed them that quickly.
default_yes.gif

Hey, Charlotte,

I guess I won't be able to get any when I go for feed tomorrow (you bought it all)
default_sad.png

Hope they don't have trouble getting more -- I'm on my last bag!

Rita

I've been looking all over my part of the state for the product. The web site is woefully out of date with information about dealers.

Has anyone tried ordering it from the source? It would be worth it to me to pay freight rather than a tank of gas to fetch it.

Rita, I think Charlotte said they had some set aside for you.

Marsha, you probably have to buy a truckload to get it from the mill.
default_sad.png

Rita, I think Charlotte said they had some set aside for you.

Marsha, you probably have to buy a truckload to get it from the mill.
default_sad.png
I don't know about the TC products, but I special ordered some STandlee hay products a few years ago, and only had to order a pallet, which in most feeds is 1 ton. It was put on a bulk freight truck, and the freight was almost as much as the product.

I wonder if there would be enough of us to be able to buy a pallet or something and split it up. I know the feed stores don't buy a whole truck load by any means!

Rita, you are ok....for now. He didn't sell yours. But if he can't get any more............

I wonder if there would be enough of us to be able to buy a pallet or something and split it up. I know the feed stores don't buy a whole truck load by any means!
If you can find out who the distributor is for your area, you might be able to contact them directly and see about getting a pallet trucked (or picked up, if someone lives close enough to the distributor).

Thanks, Charlotte, that's good news - at least for this week!

I've been trying to track down this feed because of Dusty. Ross in Yukon or Chickasha can get it. They just need a week's notice to order. If more horse folk use it consistently, they might try keeping it in stock more.

Now I need to plan the 2 hour road trip to pick some up...

Marsha, I don't imagine it would be any more convenient for you, but Red Earth said they will be going to get a load tomorrow. I want to get 2 bags to add to the 2 I got yesterday. Judy Wooster wants 4. Stephanie White may be getting some so if you decide to buy from them might be a good idea to call them and reserve what you want.

Can everyone in your area place an order at once at the same feed store? I know when I was using TC alfalfa forage, I used to order 8 bags at a time, because they normally didnt stock it

I've placed an order at a Chickasha store. They are much closer to me than Red Earth anyway. He's okay with only getting me 3 bags a month.

Latest posts

Back