Trip Hazard?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willow Flats

Reaction score
Hey, I have some wonky neighbors on one side. The daughter who is about 12 has been hitting golf balls with her baseball bat over the fence onto my training area and also into the pasture. I keep my training area mowed short so they are a little easier to spot there, but I have been finding them in the pasture too. I found 9 of them this week.

My friend suggested that the horses could turn a foot on them and that it would be a concern for her. I don't know whether to address it or not. There have been lots of issues with these folks ever since they bought the place, so I have to choose my battles. The balls are just not easy to spot in the pasture. Am I worrying over nothing?

Jeez, you can't get a break from them! I would try to check the pasture every day, and definitely check the training area before you use it. And yes, I would be worried about them rolling/twisting an ankle.

I would pick them up as you can but not panic about it. I'd think they would be a bit worse than rocks since they role but unless you're horses are running a lot they should be fine, mine barely move if they have grass. Definitely get them out of your training area.

What is it with golf balls and pastures? My in-laws neighbors are constantly hitting golf balls into their pasture. They pay the grandsons $0.25 for each golf ball they find in the pasture.

Latest posts

Back