TRIMAX by Purina

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
who have hard keepers. Trimax is a relatively new feed by Purina and I have put my aged (29 year old) arabian mare on, switched her from the Hi Fat Hi Fibre feed.

Trimax contains 12% crude protein, 12% fat and 15% crude Fibre along with a bunch of other things. What I like about this feed is it contains shredded beet pulp, flaxseed, vitamine C, and a full compliment of B-vitamins along with biotin. It also has chelated copper, zinc, manganese and selenium, mollases, alfalfa meal and a high level of vitamin E and yeast culture. I have seen a difference in just a month of feeding this to my mare so for those of you with hard keepers you may want to try this feed out and not have to combine different feeds and vitamines, etc. They do say that if you feed this you need to feed grass hay, no alfalfa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this sounds wonderful! I'm going to ask my feed store to get this in, if they haven't already; I have an older mare that could use a superior feed. thanks!!!

Your welcome
biggrin.gif
. It is more expensive than the Hi Fat Hi Fibre feed by Purina BUT along with that I was feeding Shari beet pulp anyway and a seperate vitamine AND flax seed. This way it's all in one feed and makes it soooo much easier. I love it and oh she loves the taste of it. It's quite different you will see in appearance. It's looks almost like a black feed with rust colored small pellets in it and it smells wonderful. The Hi Fat Hi Fibre was costing me I believe $12.50 for a 20kg bag (that is about 40 lbs) and this cost me $16.50 but well worth it.

Latest posts

Back