Tricks Your Mini Does..New Ones Differant!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
Hey could you post some neat tricks your mini does but also hopw to teach them it cuz just knowing the trick isnt gunna help me hehe!!I need a really good trick for a class at our 4h club show I think bucking on command would be neat but i doubt wee man would get that it would be hard to teach...this trick has to beat laying down on command and rearing on command
wacko.gif
so hard to beat those to...could involve two horses
yes.gif
hope i get some suggestions in the nesxt little while so i can work on it tomrrow thanks guys:)

Bud can make food vanish before your very eyes!!! We can show you the next time we see you!!
biggrin.gif

Bump
biggrin.gif
sorry but i am impatient since i have to getnoff in a few minutes and i am still trickless
sad.gif

LMAO.... yes, Bud can do that real good!!
laugh.gif
Especially for caramel candies...he can eat them extra fast!!

-Kris

So good he said it twice!!!
biggrin.gif

Rabbit can find a hole in a fence without commands or training!! Like a sniffer dog on a drugs trail
rolleyes.gif

OK, "bucking" Would a Capriole do??I've never deliberately taught "tricks" per se I'm afraid I find it a little demeaning for the animal- BUT I guess it has a place, and depends on how it is done and how it is used.Circuses are just about done away with over here, but I have seen "animal acts" that took my breathe away for empathy and beauty- so, as I said, it depends on the context.

Rabbit learned to rear and to Capriole because he did it anyway and I wanted to stop him. The rear has to be natural, so if your horse does not rear it will be difficult to teach. The Capriole is easier in that if you encourage the horse forward whilst impeding it with a lead rope it will buck/leap naturally if it is full of beans.

That is how Rabbit started- he could not get past me, he was not allowed, so he leapt up and down on the spot. I added a command, now he only does it on command, which is useful if you want to catch a Judges eye as you enter the ring!!
smile.gif

Hi,

Timewise, how long before your performance? For a fast and easy trick, if “props†are aloud, you can teach him to stand on a pedestal, cross his legs, and do a “Potty Danceâ€. Wave hello to the crowd, and wave a flag (carried in his mouth). And if that doesn’t please the crowd, you can have him wave a “white flag†in surrender. If someone else has performs a fancier trick, then perhaps, waving a surrender flag could help in getting a “sympathy voteâ€???

Teaching any trick though, would depend on how much time you have till “due date†of your show, along with how much time each day till then, that you can work with your horse. Also, another factor will be how much your horse already knows. Sometimes if you have a couple simple tricks down pretty good, you can build off of those to more elaborate ones.

Hope this helps.

Happy tricktraining,

Tanya

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again I will raise a caution flag regarding tricks taught by novice trainers. There is a potential for danger once a horse learns a trick. Some of the simple tricks as waving a flag etc are relativly harmless but some others such as rearing, kicking a beach ball , leaping, removing objects from your pockets, shaking hands can be downright dangerous. We had a "trick horse" for a period of time and the shaking hands turned into a dangerous striking at anybody who came forward with a carrot or treat, the rearing was just life threatening and kicking the beachball resulted into two hind feet flying out behind everytime the left hip was touched. Teaching these types of tricks by inexperienced trainers should be rethought as the result might be far from those you desire.

sounds like you need it fast, so stick to small... Stand him on a stule.. first 2 feet, then 4, start with a sqare his body size & go smaller, teach him to wave a flag... Midnight kicks & bucks.. he does it safe... not many do, so Dont teach wee man! rearing & lying down are the best to me... to sit the horse has to know how to lye down... just stay small, if you mess up on something big... it takes a lot to retrain
no.gif

pm me 4 extra help if you need it

My horses can turn a thousand dollars into a handful of reciepts in just a short period of time.
I'm sorry...I just can't stop laughing at that one...it's either laugh or cry - I'm not sure which at this point!!!
laugh.gif

Well guys I have got my trick you would have to see it to know how cutre it is..i was thinking of video taping it on my ccamera so i could show you..hehe ok he shkes his head like full out shakes it ton say no it is so cute anyways thisbis his act: no halter"he trots up hops his front feet onto a block then i ask him if he is one (shakes head no) if hes 2 (no) if hes 3 (no) then i ask him if hes four (while still up on block) he slamsd his front foot onto the black like yes i am four then he bows and gets off the block..confuasing yes in real life it is so cute:)

[SIZE=14pt]Roy can Lay down,say yes, shake a hoof and Rear on comand.I am working on Sit, say no and Bow.
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back