Tribute to a great little mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherokee Rose

Reaction score
Cherokee Rose Miniatures lost one of their Best this past weekend our beloved CoCo. CoCo was one of my very first mares when I first started raising minis and the kinda broodmare that just never went out of style. We lost her to a foaling gone wrong...I won't get in to detail...but rest assured we did all we could...she had had several foals for us and had been the dam of Hoofbeat Arces Crocodile Dunde multi HOF wins. As we let her go I told her I was sorry...and she will always be one of my best. I had been graced her with for 12 years and I dont think she ever wanted for anything here at that farm...I told her that night if she would just let that baby out it would the last and she would just be my pet...but she knew I was lying as she always had been my pet.......forgive me Cocoie mom loved you 5/11/91.....4/26/08

I would like to the Thank the girls who knew CoCo and have sent their condolences...you all know who you are....Carrie

coco.jpg

I'm soo, soo sorry
default_sad.png
I just came in from feeding mine....looked at my old mare (she's 25 this year) and wondered if I'm being selfish, not doing the right thing....but I'm not sure I can bring myself to make that decision just yet.....

Coco was a very pretty mare

~kathryn

default_bye-sad.gif
I don't usually tear up while reading these, I just feel bad... But this one really hit me.

I'm so sorry, and I know that no number of apologies will fill the hole in your heart. She was a beautiful mare, and atleat you have her babies to remember her by.

Once again, I am so sorry.
default_no.gif

Oh Carrie, I am SOOOOOO very sorry for the loss of your dear Coco. I KNOW you would have done all you could for her. (((HUGS)))

My deepest most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your gorgeous mare. It is so painful to let them go and we must work at remembering all the joy they gave rather than the pain they left so that we can honour their lives well.

Im so sorry for your loss. Its so apparent how loved she was and what a great caretaker you were

I know exactly how you are feeling as I have had this very thing happen to me also. My sincerest condolences to you and your precious mare Coco. HUGS! It is so very difficult to lose our horses. I'm so so sorry.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved mare. She was beautiful, thats for sure. She will always be in your heart . She knows you loved her so much, and that is what matters most. {{{HUGS}}}

Oh she was a very beautiful mare. I am very sorry for your loss. I know it must hurt deeply. I have felt the same pain. God bless and prayers to help you through this terrible time.

Mary

I am so very sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

I am so very very sorry. May your many years together, the memories from them, and her foals be a comfort to you.

I am so very sorry for your loss! Coco was a gorgeous mare...I actually remember her...my great grandparents were her breeders. We have a sister and whole bunch of relatives here. They are some of our very best broodmares and we love them so much. It sounds like Coco had an amazing life and a wonderful mom. Please take care-we'll send prayers.

So sad and sorry that you lost your sweet mare, she was a pretty lady..

(((HUGS)) to you during this tough time...

I'm so very sorry you lost your beloved girl.
default_crybaby.gif

She did know she was loved.

She was special and she was gorgeous. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Thank You all for caring and the wonderful words...it really does help heal a heart
default_wub.png

Kathryn...it's really hard to know where the cut off is as far as age...I have CoCo dam who is 20 heavy in foal and I think it will be her last.

Diana ... I know what your saying about the stall thing she had been in the same stall for 12 years.....just tears you up....my heart goes out to you.

And Connie P... my heart hurts for you as well.

May God Bless each and everyone of you...............Carrie.

So sorry about your darling
default_no.gif

Brought tears to my eyes.

Really sorry
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss.

She will be greatly missed.You know she is watching from the greener pasture running with her baby.

She knew you did all you could.

WinDee, KanDee and daughter MisSee

Latest posts

Back