TRAVELING IN IOWA 6/14-6/16 ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Performancemini

Reaction score
Hi-been trying to get more personal information on traveling through Iowa for next weekend to the AAMHC show in Cedar Rapids. We are coming from N. IL. We usually take I-80 at Davenport/Bettendorf in Iowa up through Iowa City (which sounds like it's in bad shape-as is around Davenport) and then US-218 up to Cedar Rapids. My husband will be driving, but my Mom and I both have strong issues with water (ie. flooding, water near roadways, etc.). Also wondered how it would be in the area of Dubuque and came down 151 (or was it 115-forgot to note it)? Can people in those areas or planning to travel there and are in Iowa shed some light on the conditions for me? I have searched the internet and found good and bad on it. Thanks.

Hi,

Saw your post about traveling to our AAMHC show. Go to this link, it will tell you construction, etc. on your route. There are no main interstates closed due to flooding to my knowledge nor according to the Iowa DOT construction/road closure map http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf

It will say Dubuque Street in Iowa City is closed, but that is a street-has nothing to do with Interstate 80.

Please e-mail me if you need more assistance [email protected]

We will see you this weekend!

Steph Kinney

Thank you Stephanie. I have been searching and found that site finally. Still hoping you all don't receive more or much rain anyway. We had such fun last year and have been looking forward to coming again!

Latest posts

Back