traveling corral

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lildrummer

Reaction score
Hello,

Question for you more experienced folks, please.

I want to have a place for two B minis to stay with me, beside them, for a few hours. For example, at community or church events, etc.

I can not lift heavy items, so need to be as light as possible.

Does anyone have suggestions? A place in Cal. sells 7 foot sections of gav. steel coral panels for minis, they weigh 18lbs per section. The bars are much smaller in dia. than usual panels, and not cheap in cost.

Would appreciate ideas.

Thanks,

lildrummer

I just love my pen from

http://www.carrilitecorrals.com/mini.shtml

I only weighs a few pounds per panel, fits together in different shapes because of the way the pins work. You can lock it into triangles, rounds, squares...etc

The panels collapse down to a very small size that fit in the front of a trailer easily. And you can order as many or as few panels as you want. I find 2 size A minis fit ok in a 6 foot square pen...that is just 4 panels.

I have the trailer panels from www.quicksilverarenas.com and absolutely love them, they are light weight and easy to move.

Tractor Supply sells goat panels that would work but I'm not sure how heavy they would be for you

Just to add another tip to Martys post. To attach the goat/cattle panels together get those snaps that look like this D. They work like a charm.

We still have PVC pannels from our big horses. they are very light weight. they were cheep to make, possibly $8 per panel. they are so light that not all horses will stay in them. if your horses are the type that push on fences they would push these all over.I tie them to the side of the trailer and our horses dont bother them at all. ours are 48"x6' long. if I made them for minis Id cut them down to 36". DR.

How tall are your B minis? My 38" gelding and 36" or so filly would hop over a 36" fence/goat panel and giggle...all of our fences are 48"

The exception is electric tape fencing...the boys respect even a short fence, Scarlet doesn't believe.

some people at the mini shows use chain link gates connected together... we have mini pipe panels - not exactly light, but light enough!

I ment to say my two are A size. I am going to check out goat panels, and if that not the answer, will look into carrielight.

Thank you, all.

Lildrummer

Susanne, I think one of ours could jump over the pannels as is, but they have never tryed. both of ours are B minis and at the taller end at 37 and 38 ". our lab is the same way . I can put her in her playpen and she wont come out till I open the gate. the sides are only 24". DR.

Latest posts

Back