Transporting out of state requirements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini horse mania

Reaction score
I have a potential buyer out of Wy...she isvwanting to transport a mare and 2 month old foal and 2 goats from here in nc...do both the horses have to have coggins and health certificates,and what about the goats? I know in nc,if the horse is younger than 6 mos it can be sold without coghins,but I havent a clue on transport req. Thanks!

Usually it is that a horse 6 mo or under does not need a coggins if traveling with the dam that has a current neg coggins so only the mare would need to have a coggins done, but both would need health certificates and brand inspections and from there i'm not sure if there are any other requirements. Always best to ask your vet.

The rules are established by the State of destination and are changed without warning. Ask your Vet and they will contact Wyoming's department of agriculture.

I doubt the goat needs a scrapie test, but it likely needs a scrapie tag.

Dr Taylor

Thanks all.i have been scrapping around to find out...the mare has to have coggins of course...and each other animal has to have a health cert...they said something about a scrapie report? for the goats..they have tags.i guess ill call the state to find out on that one..thanks!!!

ohmt is correct the mare needs Coggins, Health Cert., and Brand Inspection, foal only Health Cert. and Brand Inspection for Wy. Can't help with requirements for the goats.

Latest posts

Back