Transferring Paperwork

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
Okay so I figure you guys could give me the easiest step by step to what I need to transfer my gelding's AMHA and AMHR paperwork as he is arriving on Thursday. I made sure the paperwork was in the seller's name and was as correct as I can judge.

I need a bill of sale right? Can anyone give me an example so I make sure that I get that?

And then can you give me the steps I need to take in the easiest order?

For AMHA you need a transfer from the current owner as listed on the papers and 4 photos, one from each side and two from the front with the forelock pulled to the side. They must be able to see all four legs down to the hoofs.

For AMHR, if there are already photos on the papers, you won't need those. Just a transfer from the current listed owner. If there are not photos, then you need one of each side (one of those must have the horses head turned toward you), one of the front and one of the back, they must be able to see all of the horse as well.

Make sure you use a work order with each one, applicable fees and thats it.

Minimom has given almost all you need to know, if you need work orders just go to the forms section on the registries web-sites and download and print. I think you can do all of AMHA on line, but I always mail it in. I do find it helpful to also make copies of paperwork and store on my computer, as once I had a horses paperwork get lost in the mail.

AMHA doesn't require membership, but there is an extra fee. AMHR does require membership.

AMHA has a great form for submitting photos - I use it for both. I just cut off the AMHA info and send it to AMHR. But they do require different photos, so you can't just print it twice.

Latest posts

Back