Transfering Ownership

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
So I just recieved Royal's AMHA and AMHR certificates back after transfering ownership...YAY! Quick question. I thought that one had to send in pics for both when transfering ownership -I know you definitely need them when you bring a horse permanent-. So I took pics and sent them to both registries. I got both back with the same pics on them that he's always had. No problem with that. But I'm just wondering why they didn't change them. Do you not need to send pics in when transferring anymore?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they want to make sure it's the same horse. I know AMHA just puts a new sticker on the back, I think with the new papers AMHR does the same.

Lucy

When doing Transfer Papers for AMHA I send the pictures (right side body shot) (left side body shot) & two head shots with forelock pulled back.

AMHR does not require any pictures for transferring if the pictures of the horse are already on the temporary papers.

I have done 4 in the last couple of months with no trouble.

I think AMHA is just checking to see if the pictures match up with the others and if it is indeed the same horse.

Debbie

When doing Transfer Papers for AMHA I send the pictures (right side body shot) (left side body shot) & two head shots with forelock pulled back.

AMHR does not require any pictures for transferring if the pictures of the horse are already on the temporary papers.

I think AMHA is just checking to see if the pictures match up with the others and if it is indeed the same horse.

Debbie
Thanks for the info!

Debbie
Hmm that's weird because on the photo requirements page it says that as of Jan. 1st 2007, pictures are required for ALL registry work including registration, transfer, corrections, leases, height change etc.. And when I did transfer for one of the last mares we got I had forgotten to send pictures and I got the papers back as well as the photo rules with the above statement highlighted
default_rolleyes.gif

The transfer o fownership requires the photos (in AMHA) so that they can compare them to the photos on the registration paper.

It is just to make sure you received the horse you bought.

They do not change the photos unless he is over five and is going permanent.

For AMHR, it's my understanding that once pictures are in place on the new papers, then no more pictures are required.

For AMHA, pictures are always required for registrations, transfers, temp to perm, etc. No, they do not replace the pictures on the papers each time the papers are sent in. As Joanne mentioned, they do check to make sure it's the same horse.

For AMHR, it's my understanding that once pictures are in place on the new papers, then no more pictures are required.

For AMHA, pictures are always required for registrations, transfers, temp to perm, etc. No, they do not replace the pictures on the papers each time the papers are sent in. As Joanne mentioned, they do check to make sure it's the same horse.

Thanks. I'm sure, though, one needs to send pics to AMHR when bringing the horse permanent. Am I right?

I'm sure, though, one needs to send pics to AMHR when bringing the horse permanent. Am I right?
You would think so! I would 'assume' AMHR would want to put adult pictures on a horse going permanent. I just sent a temp to perm in with pictures, but the horse didn't have updated papers with pictures either. I will send in pictures on all my horses going perm.

Silly as it sounds, I don't think you do HAVE to send in photos when making a horse permanent with AMHR--from what's been said on here in the past by one of the directors, changing photos at that time is optional. I just see no point in having foal pix on a horse's permanent papers...I think, though, that if you want them updated at that time then you can have the photos changed for free. If your papers already have photos on & you want to change them when you send in a Transfer, or a gelding certificate I think you get charged the $20? That's the impression I got from someone, but perhaps I read that wrong.

If the registry is happy to have foal pix left on permanent papers then IMO it makes the whole picture thing kind of pointless? Unless the horse has very distinctive markings, who can look at the foal pix and say yes, for sure that's the same horse as the adult animal I'm buying???

Latest posts

Back