Training time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much time do you train a show horse a week?

• 1-2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4

• 5-6

• 7-8

• 9-10

• 11-12

• 13-15

• 16+

• Total voters

EquineLover

Reaction score
Just curious how much time ya'll spend training your show horses.
saludando.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Every time they come out of their stall they have to stand and pose. Your poll is hard to answer. Does it mean how many sessions???? I would say 5-7 then.[/SIZE]

Lyn

You sure do like making polls, dont you
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Hmm, your poll is hard to answer... I work my horse about 5-6 days per week...not sure how many hours that is...but I dont do too much posing practise once they know how to do it, because they tend to just get sick of it, and not want to do it anymore
wacko.gif
. When I work a horse....I usually lunge them for about 20+ minutes / day. (This is during AMHR shows....when it comes the fall fairs...I lay low
yes.gif
)

-Kris

Does that include the workout time excercising? This past year we only set ours up before the first show and then after that we didn't unless we were taking pictures or I wanted to see how we were doing on the conditioning. It is hard for me to really see unless they are set up in a show pose if they need to lose weight or add a little more. When they are set up it is more spread out and easier to judge. We work ours every other day, and groom some every other day but as far as setting them up, not that much after the first show, too busy just keeping them in shape and getting things ready for the next show.

I used the number as how many times a week so I put 7-8 because I do a little bit everyday.

I don't know how to answer that. Is it JUST for minis or is it for big horses also?

If it's ALL horses ( AQHA & APHA , AMHR ) We spend or 16+ hrs. We train the minis for jumping, cart.. AQHA & APHA are in training for english, western pleasure, reining, cutting, barrels, trail. We spent OVER 16 hrs. Saturday and Sunday we train horses all day. Not all horses get rode every day. I'm not counting jog/lunge line time.

If it's for mini only... 7-8.. includes lunging

Latest posts

Back