Training for Obstacle & Jumping, fun day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
My friend Rachael came over yesterday afternoon to work with the girls. She is going to be showing Covergirl for me at a few shows this year because Covergirl and Kassie will be in a lot of the same classes.
default_yes.gif

We took a TON of pictures, we still need to work on obstacle a lot more, I'm hoping Covergirl can do an obstacle class later in the summer. She is fairly good with everything but the teeter-totter!
default_rolleyes.gif

Oh, and we obviously haven't gotten around to making our own obstacle stuff, we just use what we have, hey, it works!
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

Covergirl steps onto the teeter.... hesitantly

IMG_2601.jpg

...decides she doesn't like it

IMG_2611.jpg

She jumps off, taking Rachael with her

IMG_2604.jpg

Next, ground tying, with the added temptation of grass :DOH!

IMG_2608.jpg

We got her to stay still for a while, good girl!!!!!!!!

IMG_2612.jpg

Next we did some jumping, I ran with her a bit because she tries to take advantage of Rachael sometimes
default_wacko.png

Starting small....

IMG_2647.jpg

And this is realllllly big for my lil' girl, I was so proud when I saw this picture! Airborne!!!!!!!

IMG_2639.jpg

Not a great pic of Kass, but she just pops right over these!

IMG_2651.jpg

And a few candids from the afternoon.....

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

If you saw this girl a year ago you would not recognize her at ALL! Covergirl was our rescue and she's come incredibly far!
default_wub.png

And advice/input on obstacle and jumping is welcome!

Thanks for letting me share!!!!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

~Rebecca

I LOVE obstacle, it is my favorite class!!!!

If you are having issues with the teeter-totter, try a smaller tube, so it won't rock as much. Then gradually build-up to the larger post. I would encourage her to take one step, stop for a few seconds, take another step, stop, another step, stop ........ This may help her feel more confident.

Good luck with your girl...she is very pretty.

They look good! What shows are you going to this year in NH??
I'm doing the NbarH shows and basically anything else I can find!
default_wink.png
I'll be at Deerfield in the fall as well.

The Simple Life Farm- I hadn't even thought of a smaller pole, I'll try it. It seems so small to me but the girls think it's a giant monster!
default_smile.png

Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back