Training books

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToMini's

Reaction score
I'm a very book-y person (XD), I love to read books that will give me knowledge or help me with something.

So... my filly desperately needs me to do more groundwork with her. I have an idea of what to work on with her, and how to do it, but I'd like more of a step by step, or a program to follow to make it easier, and to ensure that I don't skip anything that I just can't think of to do on my own.

I did read 101 groundwork exercises, and will probably buy it, because it looked like it would be really helpful with her, and did have some exercises I wouldn't have thought of. Any other good training books? Not just groundwork, either. I have 2 other horses that I could use ideas for, too (one's a riding horse, and I'm teaching the other how to drive).

I'm thinking of getting "What Every Horse Should Know", to work with the filly and make sure there aren't any holes in the other two's training. Anyone read it and would you recommend it?

i would love to see a book too as in always looking for other stuff. i take mine on 2-3 mile walks at. least 3 days a week, some lunging, hand in trail, have some obstacles around the place, showmanship and do haul them. to town and walk around the fairground

I do most of that with my mare when the weather's nice (except the showing or the hauling), but the filly's such a brat that I'm surprised when she behaves for a short walk XD She definitely needs more formal training right now, lol

Latest posts

Back