Training Baby Horse, Vicky.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickel

Reaction score
Percious Victory ?? will have the barn name of Vickie. Shirley was working on a final name when I went to do chores and when I came in she was sleeping. I'll letter sleep! 🤔 I have been working with Vicky from a chair. Kacie has been so protective I had not picked her up to rock her. This video shows me working on her wanting to bite. I am also letting her know she will not turn her rear to me. I know some think it is cute but it is a defensive move where they can quickly kick. At the end of the video she lets me know she understands what I am asking but says no in no uncertain terms. She has her own strong willed attitude.
The next day after I made this video I did pick Vicky up and rock her in my arms sitting in the chair. Kacie came and stood with her nose close but didn't ack alarmed. Headway is being made.

Last edited:
Percious Victory ?? will have the barn name of Vickie. Shirley was working on a final name when I went to do chores and when I came in she was sleeping. I'll letter sleep! 🤔 I have been working with Vicky from a chair. Kacie has been so protective I had not picked her up to rock her. This video shows me working on her wanting to bite. I am also letting her know she will not turn her rear to me. I know some think it is cute but it is a defensive move where they can quickly kick. At the end of the video she lets me know she understands what I am asking but says no in no uncertain terms. She has her own strong willed attitude.
The next day after I made this video I did pick Vicky up and rock her in my arms sitting in the chair. Kacie came and stood with her nose close but didn't ack alarmed. Headway is being made.

She is so cute. I love her name It is fun to watch you work and love on her

I watched the video again :) I love her sassiness. Now it is cute. You handle her so well.❤

Thanks. At morning chores I spent about 10 minutes with her and she was still wanting to show her rear. I'll get a halter on her this evening so I can give her something else to think about. I had a new halter ordered and it came in yesterday to large. I have an old halter that is in good condition.

Back