Trainers that have Amateur Cards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJohn

Reaction score
Recently a WIFE of a very known professional trainer/handler, showed in Amateur classes at an AMHA sanctioned show (she has a level 1 card). In order to rec. an Amateur card an amateur status form has to be signed stating that she qualifies as an amateur. Which means that she hasn't shown clients' horses in the past five years.

If you hold an amateur card and feel that this is abuse of the amateur rules contact AMHA via letter or e-mail (contact info at www.amha.com).

All concerend members need to make sure that AMHA and their Directors know how you feel. Is it fair to allow someone to get away with breaking the rules because of who they and/or any threats that they might make?

John

edited by ML to take names out.

Last edited by a moderator:
In ASPC/AMHR if you are a judge or trainer you are a Professional as well as a wife or significant other is also deemed professional. Other family members such as children are still considered youth or amateur. I'm not familiar with AMHA at so I can only speak from my experience.

n/m

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back