Trainers in Central California?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicmac74

Reaction score
I am thinking of having my 3 year old Scampy sent back to "school". He is 34 inches and has been started on carriage work. It would be good to see it continue. Any tips for trainers in or around Central California?

I am thinking of having my 3 year old Scampy sent back to "school". He is 34 inches and has been started on carriage work. It would be good to see it continue. Any tips for trainers in or around Central California?
Two come to mind but is is possible that there might me more that will train driving horses. Nikki might be able to help you fine more since she competes in CDE events in this area.

Jim Curry can be reached via his web site at:

http://www.freewebs.com/szhooper/index.htm

Jim also sells miniature horse tack if you need anything.

http://www.jcminitack.com/

Dale Putman was trainging and showing but I see that his web site is no longer up so maybe he isn't trainging any more. You can contact Dale at (oops, it just occured to me that I shouldn't hve put his email address in here. I will send it in an email) When I first started to drive at AMHA shows several years ago Dale was a big help to me.

If you call Dale ask him if his mother still has her two horse miniature horse trailer and, if so, would she be interested in selling it. It might fit your needs. Seems like the last time I was there they had four horse trailers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Curry
default_yes.gif

Also, i know they are/were a forum member here ..i want to say they are called "Show Horses By Suzie" or something of that sort? I think (think) she is in that area ...

Jim Curry
default_yes.gif

Also, i know they are/were a forum member here ..i want to say they are called "Show Horses By Suzie" or something of that sort? I think (think) she is in that area ...
Suzy has not posted on here for almost a year. Both of her web pages seem to have gone away. She trained for several people on this forum. Maybe they know where she is. If Suzy can be located she would be a good option.

Jim Curry, Suzi Hooper (I don't think she's training at the moment but contact me offlist as I may have her email).

Lisa Schmidt and Casey Campbell are in the Great Bay area.

Lois Anderson in Bakersfield definitely a great choice. Tanglewood Farms

I'm not looking for a trainer at this time but it's great to see that there are some hidden in my area
default_yes.gif

Jim Curry, Suzi Hooper (I don't think she's training at the moment but contact me offlist as I may have her email).

Lisa Schmidt and Casey Campbell are in the Great Bay area.

Lois Anderson in Bakersfield definitely a great choice. Tanglewood Farms
Thanks Michelle. Lois and Tanglewood Farms was one I was trying to think of.

Last I knew, Suzy was giving up training due to some serious health problems she was having. And yes, she was Show Horses by Suzy.

Latest posts

Back