Trailer info needed, stall sizing!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secuono

Reaction score
Sooooo, we just got our first horse trailer!

It has no center divider.

I have a 13.2h horse and two minis.

Inside width and to the chest bar is 6ft x 7ft. With 2ft from bar to wall for their heads and possible future handmade tack storage boxes.

How much length x width does a mini need?

How much of the length is head room?

How much length x width do small horses need?

Or should I count for regular horse size and have the divider dead center?

I'm hoping that maybe I can have a regular horse stall on the left and on the right, have it split into two squares. Place the first mini backwards and the second forwards, sharing the same mini chest wall, with their heads hung over each other's section. Backwards mini's butt would be against the horse chest bar, while the forwards mini's butt is against the door. Hope that makes sense.

Then again, IDK how much full length a mini needs, so might not have to do it like that.

Would be nice to have them both facing forward, one behind the other and add a storage compartment on the center divider to also act as a brace and narrow their space so they cannot turn around and cause trouble.

Thanks!

Why not make 3 slant stalls?

For stall size--how big are your minis? Small A's or bigger B's?

Uhm.....34-35in for my adult pinto, thick boned. Other is a year and a couple months old, about 32in right now, more dainty. But need to measure them to be sure.

Latest posts

Back