Trailer conversion (sorta)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
I have a 2 horse straight load trailer. And (not knowing I would be moving) I bought my second mini a few weeks ago. This means I will have 2 minis and my big guy to move about 1,000 miles. I've been wondering if there's any way to put a "divider" somewhere on one side of the trailer so that I can haul both mini's on one side. I don't know at this point how well the 2 little ones will get along, as my new one won't be here for a couple weeks yet. I've been thinking about something like a (framed) chain link gate between the 2, since I have one of those here. Anybody got any ideas for me????

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the original divider that came with the trailer?? If not, could you get one?? I have travelled two minis down one side of a big horse trailer- because they had all the room, including the head space at the front, there was plenty of room. Also, if they do not know each other too well, there is room to put a divider between them- you would have to measure out your trailer to know for sure.

Jane, the center divider is permanent. That's the only one that came with it. I'm thinking of dividing one side for the 2 minis. Sorta making a 3 "stall" interior; big horse on one side and minis riding head to tail on the other. BTW, thanks for your response.

Hi Donna,

I use chain link gates in my trailer for the dividers and haven't had a problem with them. If you are handy, you can fashion up some hinges for it to hang on, and it should work just fine for you.

Good luck with your move !!

Sue
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back