Trail Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of bird activity lately. Very active in the morning so I try to make sure to check the water in case a masked varmint has used all the water in the night. It's kind of a pain to check the pictures when the wind has been blowing because there are hundreds of pictures of moving grass to delete.beady eyes.jpgcardinal drinking.jpgspeckle only.jpgsunflower stalk.jpg

What a nice view out your window!! I caught a glimpse of your wallpaper too. So pretty, it looks vintage maybe?
Well, the wallpaper has been there nearly 20 years, but I picked the design to go with an antique door on the closet. And yes, I do have wonderful views. There are large windows on another wall that look toward our backyard mountain. In the spring, this window has a beautiful flowering almond to see. You can see a deer looking in from the mountain side window.deer at window.jpg

How do you keep the deer from eating your beautiful flowers? When we lived in the mountains they ate everything just about except salvia! I eventually installed some deer fencing so I could have a rose garden.

How do you keep the deer from eating your beautiful flowers? When we lived in the mountains they ate everything just about except salvia! I eventually installed some deer fencing so I could have a rose garden.
There is so much native growth around that we haven't had a lot of trouble. They do nibble on the crepe myrtle, and sometimes the roses, and have damaged the bois d arc tree bark. But nothing serious. There are wheat fields around us, so lots to nibble on. Our front yard has become their bedding ground. Sometimes my husband runs out and shouts "You deer! Get out of here!" but they don't pay him any attention. At least we know we would not starve to death if times got bad.

Latest posts

Back