Trail Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ARE cute, we have one (or two,lol) living under the garage. Don't see them often at all. The one in the picture that is in the bird feeder stayed in the bird feeder for the entire day. He stuffed himself into it with just his tail sticking out. I was afraid he got stuck, smothered and died 😟, so I got brave ant went out and tapped on the feeder. He woke up 😵 and I high tailed it outta there.
One night a few summers ago I was asleep and something woke me up. Our bedroom windows are low. I rolled over and peered out the window and two red glowing eyes were staring back at me from about 4 feet away. Scared the beejeebers out of me. I think it was the racoon, or a skunk. Or maybe the devil👹!

Looks like it may be.😁

I don't much care for raccoons anymore. I don't think they're cute, and I don't want them on my place.

In 2017, I had a rabid raccoon get into the barn. My Jack Russell Terrier heart-dog Lucky gave her life defending me from it. (I think I posted that story here somewhere.) Ever since, I'm hyper-vigilant and try not to leave anything out they'd like.

On a more pleasant note, found this guy in the grass while mowing. I set him on a canna leaf to be safe:
20210907_094254.jpg

I thanked him for the picture. I hope he forgave me for scaring him.

A rabid coon is a fear. We used to trap them, but dang! we're getting really soft hearted in our old age. It's tough to shoot things now--except rattlesnakes.
I try to save mantis and garden spiders. Grasshoppers get their heads pinched. On our trip to SD we stopped at the butterfly garden by Oahe dam. I thought this sign was fun:IMG_3047.JPG

Well, the raccoons are no longer cute. They are ravaging in my water gardens, tearing up the plants and making a huge muddy mess on the porch and furniture. We have decided they have to go. Caught one last night; guess it will take at least 4 nights to get them all. Cheetos is bait of choice. We used an egg the first night and the wily masked critter got the egg out without tripping the trap. They are also tearing leaves and small branches out of our young oak tree; maybe there is a nest up there? Or they get to playing together in the tree? whichever, it has to stop. If it is a nest, I prefer birds to raccoons.

YES!! What an amazing and beautiful animal!!! What a cool cat!!!! I wonder how close he lives to you, probably an excellent mouser 😊

PS. I thought it was a hairless raccoon at first glance, with a big bushy tail 🤣

Wow, that's really cool! I didn't realize that was an actual species, until I googled it.

Latest posts

Back