Trail Camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the usual suspects lately. Possum, fox, and armadillo. Hog has not been back, thank goodness. No pretty birds, either, which is strange. Maybe they are all nest-building/egg-setting.
And no sign of Bigfoot; guess he is shy.
My husband did forget he could be on candid camera one night, though...

I'm sort of laughing over an armadillo being considered a "usual suspect". Round these parts, that's a zoo animal! 😂 It would be pretty neat to see one in the backyard!
You would not think it was neat if you saw they way they root up your yard. Really hard to even mow where armadillos have been working.

I love your birdbath and all of the animals you are assisting. I also have a rocky birdbath, but as my chickens and ducks have plenty of water, I have been on a mission to raise it every higher, so other creatures would have a chance. We have a vernal pond too, and two garden ponds, so they have other choices, but it is so nice to see the birds enjoying a good bath or taking a drink on a hot day.

The Bunting is beautiful. We used to have Indigo Buntings here. I only saw one once or twice and that was years ago. Same with cowbirds. I'm not sure if it was the same kind as yours, but we had one that would get on my big old gelding's rump and make himself at home. And get right around his muzzle while he was grazing.

Your graybird may be a female Brown Headed Cowbird.
I should have thought of cowbird. There are quite a few around the area, but I've never seen one in our yard. Thanks!
What could this one be? I was thinking a type of sparrow, but he seems a little large. yellow bird.jpg that the picture shows.

@Marsha Cassada that is a Lark Sparrow. Beautiful bird!
According to my bird sighting book from the University of Oklahoma, the lark sparrow is most likely to be seen in my county in October. We have seen a number of birds the last six months that seem out of their usual pattern.
The bunting has been photographed a number of times now. I need to see what his mate looks like. This pair of cardinals was on the camera this morning. And, we have the usual nocturnal critters. Still waiting to catch the ring tailed cat.cardinal pair.jpgpossum 7.8.jpg

Latest posts

Back