Toys for horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoegirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a large durable ball? I bought 2 at Walmart and they lasted maybe 1 hour with my colt's.

They really loved the big balls not to mention they are funny to watch. I bought them the Jolly balls but they have no interest.

Thanks

I haven't had any luck finding a large ball that is durable enough either. I too have a jolly ball that my boys are not interested in. So the other day I decided to use a large dog puzzle toy with them. It's very durable (although I don't leave it out there all day), and they love it. It has a small hole on one side that I pour some of their feed into. They have to move the block around in all directions just to get a few pieces out. It really seems to entertain them. Good luck.

Yes, grab one of those balls designed to put dog treats in. I got mine from the $2 store and the horses love it! They roll it around the yard trying to get the treats out.

Right now my apoiled mini has the following out in his pasture to play with:

Jolly ball...just go that today! : )

A laundry basket..very sturdy plastic

a small waste basket

a small 7x12 storage container lid( he loves to run around with that in his mouth)

and an old heavy duty milk crate...

Mine have rubber feed tubs in various sizes and hula hoops. These guys destroy the exercise balls in no time, but these last for ages.

They do make a large really tough ball. Someone posted a link for in back when the discussion on "the death of the big red ball" was going on. I looked them up and they were not cheap, I'm thinking they were in the $50 - $60 range.

Just found the link

http://www.naturalhorsetalk.com/horsetoys.html

Last edited by a moderator:
In both of Saber's stalls (indoor & out) we have a baby's busy box hanging from the wall

and he enjoys these.

He plays with them and sometimes pushes them around to rub/itch against.

Very inexpensive since both were purchased used at yard sales

and they are very durable too.

In both of Saber's stalls (indoor & out) we have a baby's busy box hanging from the wall

and he enjoys these.

He plays with them and sometimes pushes them around to rub/itch against.

Very inexpensive since both were purchased used at yard sales

and they are very durable too.
Yes, but we all know Saber isn't really a horse.

He's a little human in a horse's body.
default_wub.png

if you can get your hands one one or two of those orange traffic cones, they make good toys. my biggies played with them a LOT. i have a big ball i leave out for the mini boys but they are much more interested in playing tag. i watch them all the time, run around the barn and one of them will come to a sliding stop, change directions and meet the other one head on.

who needs boring t.v. when you have minis??
default_biggrin.png

I have one of the "expensive" Equispirit balls form Natural Horse Talk and it's been out with my horses for about 9mos and still in good (great!) shape!!!

Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20044.jpg

Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20088.jpg

Ball%20--%20071107%20--%20112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a ball out with our shetland, right now we have a soccor ball and a basketball. We tried buying one of the exercise balls that they sell at walmart for about 15 bucks and it lasted all of 2 hours. :DOH!

I think I am going to go and search for a ball like Jill has. Very colorful.

Latest posts

Back