Toyota Tundra...Does anyone have one?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slinkky

Reaction score
Thinking of getting a new(er) truck. Does anyone have the Toyota Tundra? Do you like it? Does it hold up? Pros, Cons???

I've always had a Ford F-150. In the 2009 year Ford has made a lot of changes both inside and out. (the tailgate step, for one! ) The towing capacity has been increased and the suspension has changed.

The Toyota has some really neat bells and whistles, but the bells and whistles are no good if the truck itself is crud.

Any opinons on the Toyota, either personal or through a family member or friend?

Thanks,

I have a 2006 Toyota Tundra and love it. I pull my 6 horse Wrangler trailer with it. I pretty much don't even know the trailer is behind the truck. I would definitely recommend the Tundra.

Barbie

I don't have one but know a couple of people who do have them and love them to pull smaller trailers with, no problems I'm aware of. I wanted to look at them when I got my F150 a couple of years ago, but Ford was offering much better price incentives - and still is I think.

Jan

Love Toyotas period! We have owned many trucks and 4 runners, they are great vehicles...

Now if you get into needing to haul or pull a really large load like a camper or 5th wheel, I would always choose a chevy(not into fords) We have a full size Chevy that hauls our 5th wheel 8,000-10,000 pounds like it isnt even back there.

Not gonna get that much hauling capacity with a toyota. Now I have heard Toyota is trying to come out with a full size dually-then that would work when that happens..

Do you think the Tundra CrewMax (this is the Full Size - not a dually) would pull a 3 horse bumper pull? I don't think I could pull a gooseneck on either the Toyota or the Ford because I wanted to go with the big rear seat (which takes away from the bed size). There is just not a whole lot of bed left to fit a gooseneck into.

We have a 2001 Tundra, I think that was the year they came out. They have made a ton of improvements to them since then, and the new ones can haul a lot more that the older version, but our's has held up well. We use it to pull our Gore 2 horse gooseneck. That is probably the maximum weight that our model can pull, but like I said, the new ones are nothing like the old. We have had several Toyota's and love them, they are all great vehicles.

I also have a 2006 Tundra and I love it!!! BUT...I have to say...I recently test drove the new F150 and that was an AWESOME truck, too!!!
default_laugh.png

Liz R.

Thanks, Mark!

I have owned 5 F-150s of different generations and they are wonderful trucks. American owned and even if they are built in Canada or Mexico, these are far preferable in rebuilding our economy than a Japanese-owned company building them "here."

I have to apologize for my adamant stance on this, but when you have a superior (IMO) quality vehicle available from a domestic company, you should buy it.

My sister owned a Toyota truck she bought w/99,000 miles on it. She got about 5,000 miles out of it before it started needing minor/major repairs all the while the salesman reassuring her that toyotas run forever and sell for as much as you paid for them blah blah.

The choice (obviously) is yours, but think about the effect it has on you either directly or indirectly, if we keep sending our $$ overseas.

A man named Tim Mitchell had this to say: “A dollar spent at a locally owned store is usually spent 6 to 15 times before it leaves the community. From $1, you create $5 to $14 in value within that community.

Spend $1 at a national chain store, and 80% leaves town immediately.”

The same holds true for the nation/continent. Keep your money here and it will pay you in the long run.

Good luck with your shopping.

Liz

Thanks for the replies. They are both awsome trucks. I have always driven Fords and like them, but I keep hearing good things about the Toyota, too. Still shopping. I wish I could mesh the two and have the best of both. Maybe a Foyoda?
default_laugh.png

I think the toyota is a good car. I have not driven the Tundra but we currentl have a 2000 4 runner which runs great and needs little maintence and I had small toyota trucks for years never had a problem they do tend to run forever as a general statement

I had a Toyota Tundra and loved it. The new trucks can pull 10,500lbs...

Very realiable... can't say that about either Ford or Chevy.

Personally if I had a choice.. I would choose Toyota every time.

I went with an F-150 because I got a great deal... but was looking at Tundras first. Friends who have had a wide range of Toyota trucks have gotten well past 350,000 miles on all of them. With few hassles...

Buy American.
It would be. That Toyota Tundra probably came off the assembly line of the Toyota Tundra plant in Texas. Built by Americans. American jobs.

Whats scary... is most American Trucks... aren't made in America.

Many Toyota's are.

Chevy Pick ups are made in Mexico

Do some Googling... nothing is clear cut and more.

Latest posts

Back