Toy and Miniature Australian Shepherds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyMiteVillage

Reaction score
Just thought I would see if anyone else has toy and mini aussies. I love my babies. I have four. Two females and two males. I have a pair of red tris and a pair of blue merles. Zeb, Emma, Elliott and I have not named my new blue merle female ( named her Pebbles). She is 7 months old. What do you have and what are their names?

Here is my new girl, Pebbles (my son named her), the lady I got her from did not dock her tail so I will have it done, maybe.

CritterFamily086.jpg

Here is one of our males, Elliott. He is a toy at 11 inches.

CritterFamily082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I raise mini aussies.

I have a blue merle male, Rebel, and a black tri female, Sassy.

I'm hoping to get a new puppy in the fall.

You can see my website at www.miniaussiepups.com

I love the mini aussies! I love their carefree personalities and how people oriented they are. I my opinion, there is not a better family dog.

(I'm sure you know this, but don't breed your blue merles together...you have a good chance of having deaf/blind pups. It has to do with the merleing gene.)

Here is my male, Rebel

rebelgoodstand1.jpg

I have a black-tri regular Aussie female, Bridgette, and I just love her. [i just got a stock dog pup last fall, so I'm not in a hurry for another dog.] When, I'm ready for another dog, I want to get a mini Aussie; I love my current girls personality and smarts, so wrap that up in a smaller package and I'm for it.

We raise them also, Roxy is in my avatar and you can see the rest of them at www.minitoyaussies.com

We have one left from our litter.............she is a hoot.

I love the minis! I think they are one of the most beautiful breeds of dogs, especially the tris. I have a biggie (or at least a part breed - we picked him up from a shelter) and he is the sweetest dog we have ever owned!

We've owned full sized Australian Shepherds for 18 years. Absolutely love the breed. Have looked at the miniature one's recently, but would really like to know if the personalities are similar. I know in some breeds, they are completely different. Our girl goes everywhere with me, is extremely loving and obedient. Our first Aussie we owned weighed around 60 lbs. Jenna, our current one is a bit smaller at 45 lbs. She's from the Old Foundation Working Aussie line.

The mini aussie has the same personality traits that the big aussie has.

The size is the only thing that changed. There were no other breed of dogs brought into the mini aussie to bring the size down. It's taken 10-12 years to get the current size. That has simply been breeding the smaller aussie to a smaller aussie.

They are fabulous dogs!

Yeah I know not to breed the merles together. THey are so awesome. We will never have another biggie. You get everything you get in a biggie in a smallie.........lolllllllllll

My husband and I have 4 Miniature Aussies (actually the young female we kept finished out in the "toy" catagory, but I didn't realize that was going to be the case when I registered her). We have bred in the past and may again down the line, but for right now they are just pets (make that family members). We have 2 blue merle ladies, the tiny black tri girl from one of our last litters, and Tex, who is absolutely convinced he owns our farm and is just graciously allowing us to live here and care for him and the girls. WONDERFUL almost too-intelligent little dogs, each with their own distinct personality. Wouldn't have anything else!
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
I love the Aussies! My husband has a mini black tri female, Liddle. My son has a toy blue merle, Patsy. Aussies are incredible!
default_biggrin.png

We love the Miniature Australian Shepherd dogs. We have a red tri male & a red merle female, they are both 3 years old. My brother has the blue merle female that is 3 years old. We have our first liter of puppies that are 9 weeks old. We have red merle's & red tri's. This is my first experience with puppies & it has been really wonderful. It has amazed me to watch them grow up in the past 9 weeks. I am in love with each one & it is hard to let them go. We are keeping the runt from this liter, we call her teensy. She does not have an official name yet. She is very small.

I am currently trying to find a new home for my 3 year old red tri. He needs a home with a lot of land to roam. He either jumps over the fence or digs under it, but is always trying to find a way out of the yard. We live on a busy road with a speed limit of 60 mph. I am so afraid that he will get hurt that I want to find him a new home where he will be safe from major roads & have more room. Our 2 1/2 acres just seems to be to small for him & he wants to visit the dog across the street. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me for any other info. His picture is on our website www.andromedafarm.com. We have his first litter of puppies that are 9 weeks old, so you can also see the quality of the puppies that he has sired.

e-mail me at [email protected] or call 254-655-4181

Miniature Horses & Miniature Australian Shepherds

We have had one litter. Our male, Zebulon aka Zebby, is the sire and my red tri female, Emma, is the mama. We kept one of the males a red tri that looks just like his mama, his name is Elliott he is the one in my first post and then here is also a pic of Elliott's brother, Wyatt. I love his facial markings. Elliott and Pebbles will be my next breeding pair. I love their loyalty. To me there is nothing better then a little aussie.

wyatt.jpg

Wow, 11 inches. I didn't think they were that small. I'm impressed! Y'all have beautiful dogs.

Latest posts

Back