Toucher now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! I got to see this colt born.

Congrats!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Erica,

Congratulations on a beautiful COLT !!!! I'm glad that everything went well. He is Stunning !!!! Can't wait to see picture's when he unfolds. Thank you for letting us watch
default_smile.png

Debby

I've never seen one so young before...is he having trouble nursing or is this just normal?

Congratulations!!!! What a cute colt. Good luck to you all!
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

dreaminmini--it's nice when the foals nurse right away, but many take awhile to find the milk bar. It's best if it happens within 3 hours. I've only foaled out 4, so someone else can tell you more. I wanted your question answered so you wouldn't worry.
default_smile.png

I've never seen one so young before...is he having trouble nursing or is this just normal?
Congratulations!!!! What a cute colt. Good luck to you all!
I go with the "1, 2, 3 rule", Foal should be born within an hour after water breaking (all of ours have been born within 20 minutes after water break!), foal should stand and nurse within 2 hours of birth, and by 3 hours the foal should have passed the meconium (first poop) and the mare should have dropped the afterbirth..
default_smile.png

All is well, once she finally pushed and water broke it went quick.

Bay overo (maybe frame?) as white doesn't cross his back, with bald face and blue eyes, leggy, necky colt.

He's a little linebred, as he is triple Redboy. Reminds me a whole lot of Call Me Awesome.

He was trying to nurse as soon even as he was not even completely out and Toucher was still down; He nursed quite quickly, but wasn't stayed latched for long periods as Toucher is still ouchy (she got 3cc banamine so should maybe be kicking in anytime)

She shed her afterbirth less than 20 mins and I syringed/let him nurse syringe, like I do all my foals 15 cc of milk to kick start him.

So once he poops all is well and maybe Toucher will lay down and rest and try to relax a little to help with her cramps.

Missed the foaling, was in the barn all day, but glad mare and foal are doing well and he looks sweet
default_wub.png

Erica, Looks framed to me too. Does he have bay over his face and ears completely down the jaw line or is there a possibility of a medicine hat too? Congratulations!

Congrats -- I was out in the barn all evening and missed the birth but I just looked in on the cam and he is a cutie
default_smile.png

Here is the only picture I was able to get off my phone; as it was almost dead when I went up to the barn.......so snapped one picture and it went dead.

So here he is at about 25 mins old, first time standing.

Will get better pictures tomorrow; as he's all folded up as a brand newborn.

touchersboy.jpg

WOW, he's a neat colt... Erica! Congratulations!

awwww Bailey has a really nice looking baby brother.
default_smile.png

Kim

Latest posts

Back